This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone ever tried building a high-end gaming pc inside a console's case?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
9 months ago#1
I think it'd be a funny prank to pull on one of those hardcore PC elitists. Just to see their reaction to seeing something that looks like an Xbox One running games at 4k 60fps on Ultra.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
9 months ago#2
I'm sure it has been done. If I ever get a hold of a classic NES case I'd like to build a PC in it, but as far as fooling people I don't know about that. It's pretty obvious as soon as someone would start looking into it.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
9 months ago#3
Considering there are no cases that look identical to the PS4 or X1, it would be insanely obvious that it is a custom built PC. Not to mention you'd have Windows running as you boot the games up to show them...kind of obvious. Your post makes zero sense and it just seems like you're mad that someone said something to you that made you feel insecure about your purchasing power at the moment.

The actual "prank" would be to build a high end system inside, say, the Fractal Node 202 which I've done, and then show it to console gamers who are set in their beliefs that gaming PCs are these massive things you have to lug around with no portability or size efficiency.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
9 months ago#4
The graphic card alone is larger than the case. You can't really do it unless you use a mid range graphic card such as the 1070 or 1080.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
9 months ago#5
Mr kitty posted...
The graphic card alone is larger than the case. You can't really do it unless you use a mid range graphic card such as the 1070 or 1080.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-mini
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: PrettyBoyFloyd

PrettyBoyFloyd
9 months ago#6
People mostly do this for kicks or eye candy.

Never heard anyone doing it to fool people.

Yea a NES computer does look cool.

The one I saw had the CD/DVD bay under the NES lib.

Don't think it auto opened though.

Sure it could be rigged with the right parts and tools.
The Evil Republicans - Est.2004 - WoT
[Government Destabilizing Branch]

User Info: TheSmilingLord

TheSmilingLord
9 months ago#7
Think Linus made one.
Gamertag: Ragnarok

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
9 months ago#8
TheSmilingLord posted...
Think Linus made one.

This.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
9 months ago#9
TheSmilingLord posted...
Think Linus made one.

Link?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
9 months ago#10
Not a console case but a console sized case.

I’ve got an a4 sfx v2 I’m gonna watercool on a 92mm aio.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Has anyone ever tried building a high-end gaming pc inside a console's case?
  • Topic Archived