This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for some great VR experiences...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for some great VR experiences...

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 months ago#1
For oculus. Not games as such- perhaps shorter experiences that are a little more passive to show off to my wife etc. Looking for a wow factor

Any suggestions appreciated
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 months ago#2
The Blu should do the trick.

User Info: DarthBuzzer

DarthBuzzer
3 months ago#3
AirCar, Oculus First Contact, Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab, Lone Echo though it has more gameplay involved.

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
3 months ago#4
Subnautica and Everspace.

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
3 months ago#5
Do Rez Infinite the new level (rest of game os great too).
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569

User Info: Hentaru

Hentaru
3 months ago#6
Not a specific recommendation but.. I occasionally go through Oculus market and Steam and collect anything VR that is free. Yes, I also buy lots of games for myself but the free stuff has been great for showing off to others who can't handle actual gameplay. Generally, the free ones are simple experiences such as vehicles rides, VR story book readings, real geographic areas to explore, documentary type stuff, horror experiences, etc. Lots of options for free, especially on Steam. Of course, it won't all be high quality.

I always start everybody with the intro to Robo Recall. Even if they can't play Robo Recall, the intro gives most people enough "wow" factor to invest them in the potential of VR.

Obviously, First Contact and the video short (forgot name) that comes with Oculus are designed for comfortable first time experiences. Everybody seems to loves the rooftop part of the video.

Also check out SteamVR environments. I personally spent about 3 hours just bouncing between the different environments looking at all the different stuff that's available (several of which are real life areas with facts that you can read, almost like a virtual museum). Environments also gives silly little quests where you explore areas and find junk for your avatar which will give her something to do.
Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy...

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 months ago#7
Appreciate all that. Thanks guys
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
3 months ago#8
cliffhouse
Original #1 seahawks fan est. 2013. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 months ago#9
I just read in another topic that someone was playing original doom in VR. I have to f***ing try this.

rotatingpenguin.com/gz3doom/
http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/pqx20bA.jpg | http://youtu.be/HeIkk6Yo0s8
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for some great VR experiences...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived