This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

User Info: CoinFlipBimbo

CoinFlipBimbo
7 months ago#31
It looks really good.
http://i.imgur.com/v73OhsZ.gif

User Info: eeshays

eeshays
7 months ago#32
Pre ordered and bought 3 copies for my family. Absolutely loving it.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
7 months ago#33
How is the melee combat in general? I've never seen a really great first person melee system (Dying Light is pretry good but a bit questionable) and I'm not seeing people rave about this one.

Also how is it with a gamepad?
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
7 months ago#34
sfcalimari posted...
How is the melee combat in general? I've never seen a really great first person melee system (Dying Light is pretry good but a bit questionable) and I'm not seeing people rave about this one.

In general it’s clunky and only really has time to shine in one vs one duels. Later in the game you will often fight gangs of enemies at once and unless you cheese them it’s pretty ridiculous. You are forced to lock onto an enemy in order to fight them and when you get swarmed it’s extremely difficult to win legitimately.

Idk about how it is with a game pad, so I can’t help you there. Sorry

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
7 months ago#35
I'm just going to give my opinion and you can take it for what you will. First, I paid $30 for this game via ebay. There's a legit seller who can log into your steam account and gift you the game, I've used in 10 times now. Change passwords, never an issue.

Onto the actual game...

The game has some very impressive moments. The intro is strong, and has a lot of character, even a few touching moments that are excellently acted, with strong animations and voice work. From what I've played (20+ hours) the strong voice overs, animations, and story remains throughout the entire game. Characters have a voice.

So what sucks?

Bugs. There's a lot of them. Sometimes a quest will just stop working and require a reload, or even a restart. My character stopped being able to walk without being over encumbered or having low energy etc... Weird things like this happen to me on a regular basis.

Technical/Simulation issues. For whatever reason the developers wanted to make a sim game, but it doesn't work very well here. You'll have to sleep often, eat often, and do a lot of things that detract from the fun. The stamina system is also pretty bad, and annoying. Thankfully mod's fix that. But again it's simulation system is a bit too strict, and gets in the way.

Simplicity. While the game has great voice overs, it's sometimes painful to go through these conversations because it takes too long and often flashes between blank black screens which take time. The pace is too slow and conversations need to flow faster. I would love to listen to every conversation, but it takes too long with the black screen delays etc... You can't knock the game for wanting to show face to face conversations in detail with animations, but for some reason the time it takes to start a convo and end one is just painfully slow at times. Cut scene's don't have this problem.

Combat. Without mods the Bow combat is awful. I could hold a bow steadier in real life and I've only used a bow once. The sway is very bad, the accuracy and speed of arrows is bad, the amount of stamina it uses is bad, and to top that off they take away the reticle so you have to guess where the arrow will go. It's an asinine approach to using a bow if I've ever seen one, especially considering their "simulation" aspirations. This bow gameplay makes no sense to me. Thankfully mod's have completely overhauled the painful way they created the bow, and it is now awesome.

Swordplay and melee combat is good. I actually really enjoy it, and after unlocking some better combo's it gets better and better. But again a game that tries to be a simulator fails a bit as I've had enemies take over 15 good clean hits. Blocking feels great, but combat doesn't feel deadly enough, and being outnumbered is scary because of the awful save system.

For a game that has this many issues you need to be able to save on command. Again relying on mod's this is possible, but if this game wasn't moddable it would be extremely frustrating.

Prior to the unlimited save's mod I had a save game around a bandit camp which I had to reload about 20 times. Why? Because sneaking up on enemies with the vanilla bow was nearly impossible, it took me twenty tries to finally win this battle. Arrows completely miss, fall far too short, and you get rushed by 5 enemies and have no chance in hell. It's extremely frustrating to miss an enemy from 10 feet away with a bow, only for him to turn around "Alarm, Alarm!" and 4 people wake up from there naps with weapons drawn on you in seconds.

There's a great story here, and tons of great interactions(Drunk Priest Bro was hilarious) and I have a lot of game left to feast on. So I am recommending this game for sure, but definitely expect some issues. All the mod's I've gotten so far have worked great and made the game much better all around.

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
7 months ago#36
sfcalimari posted...

Melee combat is good, but hard. You get f***ed up easily if there is more than one enemy.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
7 months ago#37
SirHeiska posted...
sfcalimari posted...

Melee combat is good, but hard. You get f***ed up easily if there is more than one enemy.

In the beginning yes, but once you get further in the game you can manage to kill many people in the same time and dont break a sweat.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
7 months ago#38
MELENTIA posted...
Combat. Without mods the Bow combat is awful. I could hold a bow steadier in real life and I've only used a bow once. The sway is very bad, the accuracy and speed of arrows is bad, the amount of stamina it uses is bad, and to top that off they take away the reticle so you have to guess where the arrow will go.

The more you level archery, the less you sway. At level 5, I think, you stop swaying completely.

As far as stamina use, you're not using compound bows like you most likely would in real life. The bows that are used in game actually do require a lot of effort to hold.

The reticle issue does suck though. Thankfully a mod fixes it.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
7 months ago#39
I just read on their steam page and a sticky topic said most of the bugs are fixed. Is this true?

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
7 months ago#40
Oakland510_ posted...
I just read on their steam page and a sticky topic said most of the bugs are fixed. Is this true?

How would we now if that is true or not and there is no new patch yet. The large number of bugs this game has, i think it needs a few more patches to fix most of them.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived