This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
4 months ago#11
ĪI wasn't really following the game but decided to try it out (£34 on cdkeys inc preorder dlc).

Absolutely love it (feels like the Witcher 1 to me)

The graphics are beautiful particularly environments (think a modern Oblivion)
The story is amazing and engaging (miles better than skyrim or anything in a long time except witcher series and PoE).
The quests are interesting (not 1 kill X bears yet)
The VA for main chars is great
The combat is surprisingly fun (timed button presses with mouse to control direction of attacks)

So far my main problems are

The save system is annoying I dont get why they did this tbh. I think if there were no bugs they should do an autosave overwrite. The current system lets ypu save scum just in a more tedious way.

The towns people generic dialogue needs a look at (think witcher 1 or oblivion). At one point I spoke to a beggar refugee who came from another city and he had specific lines relating to his situation as well as generic townsperson lines that were complaining about refugees lol. Thats only happened once.

I've encountered 2 bugs one where camera goes inside Henrys head during convos and picky stairs I have to sprint to climb.

Old PC games have often been like this though. I remember in BG2 getting stuck in states where noone would talk to me and I couldnt rest or save. Its part of playing a big simulation style game.
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
4 months ago#12
From the screenshots and gameplay videos,it looks too close to Oblivion for my taste.

I mean,being similar is probably fine by me but if that is so it shouldn't demand that much higher of a system,not to mention talks of being unoptimized in forums.
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

User Info: builder111

builder111
4 months ago#13
waits for patches
waits for sale
caps

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#14
SomboSteel posted...
The game prides itself on realism and historical accuracy. That’s why it matters....

In the quote you provided, it clearly states "real historical figures" as well as "Bohemia". It sounds as historically accurate as Assassin's Creed which also has both of those. So it's not really wrong. Unless I'm missing something, it seems you expect more than what is literally stated.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: friendbuddypal

friendbuddypal
4 months ago#15
SinisterSlay posted...
One just tried to tell me that women can never be warriors and he knows because he's been in the army for 26 years and that somehow proves women can't be warriors.

What an absolute nazi he was. Did he also claim that 15 century Bohemian peasants can't be empowered trisexual PoCs, because I've heard some virtual Hitlers claiming that too.
CIA: You're a big guy.
Bane: For you.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 months ago#16
SinisterSlay posted...
Is apparently buggy. Lots of quest completion issues.

I haven't encountered any bugs aside from armor layer glitches. That, and having to jump up some stairs since I couldn't walk up them, lol.

It's not really immersive and it's not really open world and apparently it's not really skill based, but stat based.

It's way more immersive than something like Skyrim. And it is open world, not sure why you'd say that. Combat is also skill based (aside from archery), leveling up just unlocks new combos, decreases stamina use, and slightly increases damage.

Gear though... That's level based. You can use gear outside of your skill level, but with diminished values.

It looks like it's meant to be a single story style game with limited playthroughs.

There are plenty of options in this game on how to accomplish tasks, from different speech options to combat.

Here's an example: in the "tutorial" area, you're told you can't leave. In order to escape, you can either jump off the draw bridge, steal guard armor to sneak out the gate, or bribe the guard at the gate to get out.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 months ago#17
buggy clunky mess......
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#18
SinisterSlay posted...
I dunno.
It's expensive, $71 for base edition, $80 for sound track.
It's not really immersive and it's not really open world and apparently it's not really skill based, but stat based.

That's the negatives.

It's pretty, long, detailed, and it doesn't appear to have denuvo.
It looks like it's meant to be a single story style game with limited playthroughs.
This is all speculation though

71 bucks for an indie game?!? time to sail the high seas
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 months ago#19
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I dunno.
It's expensive, $71 for base edition, $80 for sound track.

That's the negatives.

It's pretty, long, detailed, and it doesn't appear to have denuvo.
This is all speculation though

71 bucks for an indie game?!? time to sail the high seas

So now you don't know what indie means?

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
4 months ago#20
builder111 posted...
waits for patches
waits for sale

Same. Game has my interest but I'll have to settle and bite when it gets cheaper, say <$30 and most of the major bugs are fixed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Seriously is Kingdom Come Deliverance good or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived