This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans, help a fellow stalker out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans, help a fellow stalker out

User Info: RedCubix

RedCubix
4 months ago#1
I’ve recently discovered Call of Chernobyl. Amazing mod, but I’m having trouble installing one add on: Absolute Nature. As the game is fugly without it, this is one I need but I just cannot get it to work no matter what I try. I’ve been two entire days at it to no avail. I’m not new at modding, I’ve been doing it successfully for years but for some reason this one is a real headache. I copy and paste gamedata into the root directory and run the .exe, yet it’s still vanilla.

Anyone willing to help out? I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I am willing to compensate someone through Steam if anyone can get it working.

I’m out of options otherwise.

User Info: MatTa00

MatTa00
4 months ago#2
Edit: ignore spoiler
It looks like you might need a compatibility patch or a specific modified release.

Maybe try this? it says it is compatible with CoC and was updated fairly recently (8/2017).

This right?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/absolute-nature-redux

It looks like it is updated for the 1.5 beta release so you might need to use the beta release of CoC. If you are already using the beta release I don't know.
http://i.imgur.com/HUpVYep.jpg
Let's make a fighting game that the babies and the nerds and the elderly and kittens are fighting! - Swery 2015

RedCubix
4 months ago#3
MatTa00 posted...
Edit: ignore spoiler
It looks like you might need a compatibility patch or a specific modified release.

Maybe try this? it says it is compatible with CoC and was updated fairly recently (8/2017).

This right?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/absolute-nature-redux

It looks like it is updated for the 1.5 beta release so you might need to use the beta release of CoC. If you are already using the beta release I don't know.

Nah I figured it out, or at least got what I'm looking for. I found a Reddit posting on how to increase grass density and radius through console commands (r__density__radius x, and r__density__density x), with x being preferred value. This was my main issue, I wanted the landscape to be populated with grass heavily and to decent draw distance and now have it. 1.4.22 patch doesn't bring up the Absolute Nature splash config screen on start up that allows for tweaks (that's only for CoP), it must be done through console commands. Or at least that's what I've read anyway.

Honestly, I'm unsure as to whether AN is even working, but I got what I wanted regardless. I've not seen any Psi storms so far, don't know if that's part of AN. It's a workable solution regardless. Thanks for the reply and advice, it's appreciated.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 months ago#4
As someone who wants to enjoy stalker. How do i? I got Pripyat, I start it up and run around but have no idea what to do?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

RedCubix
4 months ago#5
Terantatek posted...
As someone who wants to enjoy stalker. How do i? I got Pripyat, I start it up and run around but have no idea what to do?
You playing Call of Pripyat (official developer release), or Call of Chernobyl (mod) built on it? The former has its own narrative, the latter has a mode like this (among others) but it’s extremely bare bones. Mostly just a goal to eventually get to. CoC’s appeal is free roam play and survival in the zone. The gameplay creates its own story and is, IMO, far superior to any scripted gameplay out there.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 months ago#6
RedCubix posted...
Terantatek posted...
You playing Call of Pripyat (official developer release), or Call of Chernobyl (mod) built on it? The former has its own narrative, the latter has a mode like this (among others) but it’s extremely bare bones. Mostly just a goal to eventually get to. CoC’s appeal is free roam play and survival in the zone. The gameplay creates its own story and is, IMO, far superior to any scripted gameplay out there.

Call of Pripyat, not the mod.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

RedCubix
4 months ago#7
Terantatek posted...
RedCubix posted...
Terantatek posted...

Call of Pripyat, not the mod.

Use your PDA, it should have a tasks tab. You can choose different ones, and it will show targets on your map.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans, help a fellow stalker out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived