This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the prices in the Lunar new year sale? Anything good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How are the prices in the Lunar new year sale? Anything good?

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
4 months ago#1
I am new to PC gaming so I am not familiar with this sales, I have nothing to compare the current prices to so I would like some input.
Are the discounts for these games good?

Nioh (30%)
Grandia II (50%)
CS:GO (50%)
Hollow knight (34%)
Getting over it with Benneth (20%)
Tekken 7 (50%)
Killer Instinct (50%)
Assassins Creed Origins (30%)
Hi

User Info: almightydun

almightydun
4 months ago#2
isthereanydeal.com

This site will tell you the current prices for games across multiple sites and the all time low for the game.

You can also set up email alerts for sales. Great resource for game sales.
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.

ManuKesna
4 months ago#3
almightydun posted...
isthereanydeal.com

This site will tell you the current prices for games across multiple sites and the all time low for the game.

You can also set up email alerts for sales. Great resource for game sales.

Oh nice! Thank you :)
Hi

User Info: sonic_c_tail

sonic_c_tail
4 months ago#4
back in the day games went down to 75-85% off and were 5 bucks or less. today's sale are total garbo. Use enhanced steam. Makes the browsing the store easier and shows how much you are being ripped.
DarkZV2Beta -No, because PS2 was garbage, and is the primary cause of the collapse of the Japanese game market in the mid 2000s. https://i.imgur.com/FMxcdHw.jpg

ManuKesna
4 months ago#5
sonic_c_tail posted...
back in the day games went down to 75-85% off and were 5 bucks or less. today's sale are total garbo. Use enhanced steam. Makes the browsing the store easier and shows how much you are being ripped.

Wow!...this just killed the excitement I had to buy anything from this sale D:
Hi

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 months ago#6
Slay the Spire is 20% off. Which is ok considering the game hasn't even released yet. Very good Early Access experience and should be finished up sometime this summer. Currently contains about 2/3s of the overall content and worth it imo.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#7
ManuKesna posted...
sonic_c_tail posted...

i mean his statement is incredibly vague and borderline misleading. what games back then were going for 75-85% off? since games today are still going for 75-85% off, it means nothing until he gives specific examples. same thing with the $5 or less comment, there are pages upon pages of games that are currently $5 or less, but neither of us are saying anything of value until we look at what games specifically are $5 or less.

as for your reaction to him, these are just what the sales are. they're not going to revert back to "once they once were" so you might as well pick up the games you want now or look at other storefronts to see what they can offer you.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

ManuKesna
4 months ago#8
yohabroha posted...
ManuKesna posted...
sonic_c_tail posted...

i mean his statement is incredibly vague and borderline misleading. what games back then were going for 75-85% off? since games today are still going for 75-85% off, it means nothing until he gives specific examples. same thing with the $5 or less comment, there are pages upon pages of games that are currently $5 or less, but neither of us are saying anything of value until we look at what games specifically are $5 or less.

as for your reaction to him, these are just what the sales are. they're not going to revert back to "once they once were" so you might as well pick up the games you want now or look at other storefronts to see what they can offer you.

Yeah after I posted that I was searching in that website the second poster gave me and most games I want to buy are at their lowest price right now on this sale so is not bas tbh.
Thank you!
Hi

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
4 months ago#9
The sale for Nioh is very good, especially given how new it is.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#10
ManuKesna posted...
sonic_c_tail posted...

Let me give you some history... Steam used to have no refunds, but they had things called "Flash sales" and "Daily Deals". The flash sales were the ones with the really deep discounts, but they were very short time and if you missed it, that was just too bad.

Now that Valve does refunds, and one of the reasons to get a refund is "It's on sale cheaper now than it was when I bought it", Valve doesn't do the same level of price dropping as they used to. It doesn't make sense to start a sale event, then drop the price really low in the middle of the event, and then trigger hundreds or thousands of support tickets asking for a refund so they can buy the game again at the lower price.

Some people are really butthurt about the fact that they don't see as many 90% off sales as they used to so these people will constantly tell everyone how much sales suck now. There are still discounted games, but in general, when you see the price at the start of a sale (winter, summer, fall, or this one) that's as low as it will go for the duration of the sale. So sad. 😿

I prefer the ability to refund a game to having a game go on sale and then later show up in a special sale for a few hours at a much lower price (meaning you couldn't buy the game until you were sure it was for the cheapest price they were going to offer it).

Oh and if you're thinking that flash sale business sounds really good, Valve will never go back to it, so don't waste your time crying about it. It's law in several other countries that refunds must be offered for digital games, and valve isn't going to keep two sets of storefronts, one for the US with terrible consumer protection and one for the rest of the world.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How are the prices in the Lunar new year sale? Anything good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived