This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Google to enter the gaming console business with new streaming tech - Rumor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Google to enter the gaming console business with new streaming tech - Rumor

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
8 months ago#1
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/680845/Google-Yeti-PlayStation-Xbox-One-Nintendo-Switch-games-console

I'm sure this stream tech will branch off to PC as well.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
8 months ago#2
So in 4 years we get to watch Yeti flop?

Streaming... it doesn't f***ing work. Time to give up their idea, you cannot break the laws of physics. Even streaming inside your own network sucks.

Maybe they should perfect Chromecast first? Or maybe find a way to integrate google drive into android first? You know, as a proof of concept?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
8 months ago#3
Why dont Google just take the money they are putting into this and burn it? Both will end up the same at the end of the day anyway in that its just money wasted.

No Streaming Service Will Ever Replace Dedicated Gaming Hardware. No matter how great they say this is there is no way streaming will ever be equal to dedicated gaming hardware. The % of people that will have fast enough internet to make this work "perfect" will be too low to compete anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
8 months ago#4
I'm jumping ship to Google.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
8 months ago#5
OnLive 2.0
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
8 months ago#6
50inchDLP posted...
Why dont Google just take the money they are putting into this and burn it? Both will end up the same at the end of the day anyway in that its just money wasted.

No Streaming Service Will Ever Replace Dedicated Gaming Hardware. No matter how great they say this is there is no way streaming will ever be equal to dedicated gaming hardware. The % of people that will have fast enough internet to make this work "perfect" will be too low to compete anyway.

That's what they also said when Netflix started.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
8 months ago#7
MasterFeeler posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Notice Netflix still doesn't have live streaming with up to the millisecond latency.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Tsukasa1891

Tsukasa1891
8 months ago#8
SinisterSlay posted...
So in 4 years we get to watch Yeti flop?

So they plan to launch a new console in 4 years time to compete with PS4 and XB1 when PS5 and whatever they call the next Xbox will either be out or right around the corner.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
8 months ago#9
SinisterSlay posted...
Streaming... it doesn't f***ing work. Time to give up their idea, you cannot break the laws of physics. Even streaming inside your own network sucks.

This - my experience with the Steam Link inside my local network informs me that there's no way in hell an outside service could ever offer acceptable control latency.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
8 months ago#10
MasterFeeler posted...
50inchDLP posted...

How the f*** is gaming anything like Netflix? You purposely making yourself look dumb? I hope.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Google to enter the gaming console business with new streaming tech - Rumor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived