This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheap laptop with windows xp

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheap laptop with windows xp

User Info: Powertoolz

Powertoolz
2 weeks ago#1
Can anyone recommend me a laptop that's pre install with windows xp. I'm thinking of purchasing a Ibm thinkpad t60.
Needs to
Burn CD
Wifi
Decent battery life
Inexpensive battery

Mainly using this as a workhorse. Bonus if it can play older games that don't require internet.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
2 weeks ago#2
Check eBay, but I wouldn't use XP since it does not receive security updates.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachTrump

User Info: Powertoolz

Powertoolz
2 weeks ago#3
Lonestar2000 posted...
Check eBay, but I wouldn't use XP since it does not receive security updates.

Yeah I have been . Unfortunately the work programs I need to run don't work right on newer os.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
2 weeks ago#4
You could always use an emulator.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachTrump

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 weeks ago#5
Don't use XP (17 year old operating system, next year it will be old enough to drink)
You can use XP mode in Windows 7 very easily, or if your stuck with 8 or 10, you can follow instructions like these.
https://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
2 weeks ago#6
You can use any laptop and use an usb external drive for whenever you need it. They're like 20 to 30 bucks.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
2 weeks ago#7
Virtual machine.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheap laptop with windows xp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived