This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft just absolutely f***ed up my Windows 10 Licence.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft just absolutely f***ed up my Windows 10 Licence.
(message deleted)

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
6 months ago#32
Your copy of Windows may be legal but posting questionable content like crackers (which often contain trojan horses, malware, and root kits) is against the board TOS.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#33
Ciera posted...
Your copy of Windows may be legal but posting questionable content like crackers (which often contain trojan horses, malware, and root kits) is against the board TOS.

I got modded for just talking about ripping out ROMs from a game you bought.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: no2morro

no2morro
6 months ago#34
theswatleader posted...
Typically the license is tied with the motherboard in some fashion. But could be reactivated with the code or in some cases whatever windows/ms account you can link.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's serial locked to the motherboard, so you are fairly *****ed if you use the license on it. Buying the same mobo won't make an iota of difference. Talking with customer support, and explaining that your IP, and that all the same harddrives are attached to said MOBO, may get results.

Talk with customer support. That said, if its an OEM license, its non-transferrable. If its a retail license, you should be able to move it. You don't know if you don't try.

I changed my Office 16 license a couple of days ago without any hassle (spoke with their customer support and got it changed from being bound to my Asrock Z97 board to my new Asrock Z370 board....it took twenty minutes to do, but its done now. Take a crack with MS support...they aren't great, but they aren't terrible either.
I am the instrument of providence, she will use me as long as I accomplish her designs, then...she will break me like a glass.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft just absolutely f***ed up my Windows 10 Licence.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived