This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a GTX 1080 for $730 like new was this a good buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought a GTX 1080 for $730 like new was this a good buy?

User Info: Rai_Jin

Rai_Jin
5 months ago#21
like new, hope you didn't get mined.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
5 months ago#22
Man mining sucks. I paid like $550 for my 1080 TI brand new last June . . .
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
5 months ago#23
that doesn't seem right
"Why are you always smiling?"
"'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical."
Osiris Sky Dragon 5 months ago#24
I think we have the same card so coolbeans TC. It's within the $700-850 range that I'm seeing it being sold on eBay so with current pricing, you did okay.

Just using this as an example of how fast and drastic prices have changed, I got my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW from craiglist and got it for $440 just this late December after haggling.
"Welcome to brain damage"

User Info: Fall_Of_Rome

Fall_Of_Rome
5 months ago#25
TC should have just imported from the UK, would have been cheaper.
My rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F8m7m8

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#26
Fall_Of_Rome posted...
TC should have just imported from the UK, would have been cheaper.

Did not even know you could do that lol.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
5 months ago#27
My biggest hang up is that in today's market "like new" could mean "I mined with this card but you can't tell"
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
5 months ago#28
Like new, as in, I pulled it out of my mining rig because this s*** isn't as profitable as I was lead to believe, dusted it off and put it on ebay for whatever those chumps'll pay.
Not as in, I used it for a week and realized it wasn't powerful enough for my 4k monitor, so I upgraded and need to sell this to offset the cost of the new card.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
5 months ago#29
the best buy right now is a no buy unfortunately.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#30
wildog2006 posted...
Like new, as in, I pulled it out of my mining rig because this s*** isn't as profitable as I was lead to believe, dusted it off and put it on ebay for whatever those chumps'll pay.
Not as in, I used it for a week and realized it wasn't powerful enough for my 4k monitor, so I upgraded and need to sell this to offset the cost of the new card.

Lol not sure the title said like new, was used for a startup machine and do not need it anymore, what ever that ment lol.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought a GTX 1080 for $730 like new was this a good buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived