This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With Intel and AMD teaming up with GPU power superior than the GTX 1060..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With Intel and AMD teaming up with GPU power superior than the GTX 1060..

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#11
captsplatter_1 posted...
burn420247 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Why are they teaming up when AMD has their own CPU's? Then again this would help each other out. But ya this would be perfect for gaming laptops.

to push Nvidia out of the mobile market which is win / win for both AMD and Intel.

aka more profit for both companies.

if u watch the video i linked above, you will see the benefits from both companies perspective.

the video also makes a point alluding to maybe a Nvidia + AMD solution further down the road.

AMD could basically arm both of their direct competitors and come out the winner in terms of monetary gain/market share.

Would make thunderports a thing of the past if these GPU's are upgradable. Actually what do we call these? CPU's or GPU's? GCPU's?

I believe the term is APU.
Anyway I'm waiting for something like this to find itself into a GPD Win or similar device.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#12
HeliosMagi posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
burn420247 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Why are they teaming up when AMD has their own CPU's? Then again this would help each other out. But ya this would be perfect for gaming laptops.

to push Nvidia out of the mobile market which is win / win for both AMD and Intel.

aka more profit for both companies.

if u watch the video i linked above, you will see the benefits from both companies perspective.

the video also makes a point alluding to maybe a Nvidia + AMD solution further down the road.

AMD could basically arm both of their direct competitors and come out the winner in terms of monetary gain/market share.

Would make thunderports a thing of the past if these GPU's are upgradable. Actually what do we call these? CPU's or GPU's? GCPU's?

I believe the term is APU.
Anyway I'm waiting for something like this to find itself into a GPD Win or similar device.

GPD Win you say? Oh my, drools.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
(message deleted)

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
2 months ago#14
Skyrazer posted...
So is that a CPU with an onboard AMD VGA?

Yes, first of it's kind and first of this type of power.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#15
ArcadeGuy posted...
Skyrazer posted...
So is that a CPU with an onboard AMD VGA?

Yes, first of it's kind and first of this type of power.

Essentially its a GCPU. I'm calling it that.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#16
I'll be very interested to see how they price these.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
2 months ago#17
Unless I save money by effectively bundling these together, I'm not sure its worth losing the flexibility of being able to upgrade my CPU or GPU independently.

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 months ago#18
Im intrigued by this partnership
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
2 months ago#19
My next laptop will have this chip.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#20
32x2z posted...
Computers should be evolving to not needing discreet technology. The GPU market should be integrated into the CPU market to save cost for the consumer. The fact that we're still using a discreet device to display high rendered images shows how much of a money market this is.

Yeah, then instead of just popping in a GPU a few years down the line you'll need a new motherboard, new CPU, new memory etc etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With Intel and AMD teaming up with GPU power superior than the GTX 1060..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived