This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#21
Yeah, integrated graphics just cannot support proper gaming these days, so no - I'll hold onto the card that actually runs my games. The amount of profit I might make off reselling my GPU isn't worth it if it leaves me unable to play games indefinitely (because there's no indication prices will drop back to normal any time soon, so you could be waiting years).
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#22
I will hold onto my 1050 ti.

He could have made $60 from mining for a month lol.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
6 months ago#23
No I wouldn't but I could live off of integrated graphics though. I have played games on my Surface Pro 2 which has an i5-4300U, 4GB RAM (dual channel), and HD4400. With that HD4400, I can run OSU at 60FPS, Dolphin in DX11 mode at 60FPS on modest games like Punch Out or Mario Galaxy, simpler indie games like Bastion or Dust and etc. There are plenty I can play on integrated not even including all the emulators I haven't mentioned.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
6 months ago#24
ClunkerSlim posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I bought my Zotac GTX 1060 6GB for $240 November 28th, and just sold it on Craigslist for $300.

Are you f***ing kidding me?

After all the work you (and the people in the forum) put into your PC to get it working, you dismantled the thing for $60? You could have just saved the $60 by buying cheaper memory in the first place! You now have like a $1200 computer to play Super Mario Brothers on, but thank freakin God that you got that 60 bucks back. Do you have a screw loose?

keep in mind this was the same guy who wouldnt pay the extra $10 for an i5-8400 because he figured he can just overclock the thing and get i7 performance out of an i3-8350k
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
6 months ago#25
blacklabelice posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I bought my Zotac GTX 1060 6GB for $240 November 28th, and just sold it on Craigslist for $300.

After all the work you (and the people in the forum) put into your PC to get it working, you dismantled the thing for $60? You could have just saved the $60 by buying cheaper memory in the first place! You now have like a $1200 computer to play Super Mario Brothers on, but thank freakin God that you got that 60 bucks back. Do you have a screw loose?

keep in mind this was the same guy who wouldnt pay the extra $10 for an i5-8400 because he figured he can just overclock the thing and get i7 performance out of an i3-8350k

THIS. Seriously wtf TC. $60 profit is nothing. Not even worth the hassle imo. Still can't believe his overpriced emulator build. Sad times we live in..
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB | G910/G502
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

User Info: SaiDucc

SaiDucc
6 months ago#26
I would sell mine, but what could I upgrade it to? I'll wait for a closer date for the new 2xxx series then sell it.
Add me on STEAM/ Battle/ Uplay - SaiDucc

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#27
SaiDucc posted...
I would sell mine, but what could I upgrade it to? I'll wait for a closer date for the new 2xxx series then sell it.

Make sure to get the card before you sell your old one. So you are not out a card.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
6 months ago#28
ClunkerSlim posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

Relax lol I'm going to buy a better GPU.
I really sold it more so that I could get rid of it while it was worth more than for the profit.

I'm thinking about the 1070 Ti once prices calm down or if I can snag one when they come in stock before they get sold out.
4K,i3-8350K 4.7GHz, [sold GPU], 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, DeepcoolTesseractCase

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
6 months ago#29
Nah. I mean I considered it in the back of my mind, but my backup card is an HD 5850 and I dont wanna game on that at all.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 1060 SC 6 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1920x1080/1600x900 |
Huawei Mediapad M3

User Info: Tropicalwood

Tropicalwood
6 months ago#30
I always sell my house and get a new one when the prices are high.
ayy lmao ayy lmao || oaml oaml yya yya
ayy lmao ayy lmao || oaml oaml yya yya
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived