This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
3 weeks ago#11
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...
I sold a 370 2gb the other day for 60 bucks. Paid 75 for it and had it for 18 months. That's less then a dollar a month I paid. Still rocking the 1050ti and will till the next power efficient nvidia GPU drops. 1150ti will be my next upgrade probably.

Just keep your finger on the buy button. It will sell out within 5 minutes.

Thing is I never rush to get GPU's anymore and brand never really matters to me. Normally the 50ti drops after the 50/60/70/80 cards in order to create competition cause AMD is always late to the party and that's when I plan on buying. Here's hoping the next generation I can SLI, I would of with my 1050ti if I could have.

In todays climate I'd rush and get it. I have a 1080 so I'm good for awhile. Glad I got the 1080 too since I have a 1440p monitor now.

Certain models I do want and will pay a premium for. Anything Asus makes me wet <3. I also live near a microcenter so I can buy online and pickup in store too.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
3 weeks ago#12
jimm120 posted...
Can the 390x be sold at a plus?

I would totally sell my PowerColor 390x hybrid water cooled
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131676

I have a spare GeForce 670, which would allow me to live with low/medium graphics for a year.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=312,332&sort=price

No idea. It doesn't seem like PCPartPicker has price data for r9 390x so it may be sold out everywhere (at least new).

You'll have to do some research on ebay/amazon/etc to see what it's going for.
4K,i3-8350K 4.7GHz, [sold GPU], 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, DeepcoolTesseractCase

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 weeks ago#13
Gpu prices haven't risen in Europe
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#14
SnakePlisken94 posted...
Gpu prices haven't risen in Europe

They might have a little, but not what it is in NA. Heard its because miners are taxed up the ass, so no one mines.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
3 weeks ago#15
I'm very tempted to sell my 1080's since I still have my older build with SLI 970's which I honestly game at more since it's at a desk whereas my newest build is connected to the TV in my bedroom. I just haven't found the desire to go through with it just yet.
6600k @4.6GHz | GTX 1080 SLI | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB SSD | 4TB HDD

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
3 weeks ago#16
just upgraded to a 1080ti before christmas, i have my regular 1080 sitting in my closet doing nothing at the moment.

heavily contemplating on selling it or building another rig using it and some other old parts (i7 920 and mobo) i have laying around.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 weeks ago#17
DiehardFFv2 posted...
I'm very tempted to sell my 1080's since I still have my older build with SLI 970's which I honestly game at more since it's at a desk whereas my newest build is connected to the TV in my bedroom. I just haven't found the desire to go through with it just yet.

I'd do it when those gamer Volta cards release if I was in your shoes.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
3 weeks ago#18
I sold my 1080 Seahawk EK for $700 last week

I paid $500 for it brand new in September lmao
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 weeks ago#19
jimm120 posted...
I have a spare GeForce 670, which would allow me to live with low/medium graphics for a year.

670 will not even run RE7 properly...
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#20
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I bought my Zotac GTX 1060 6GB for $240 November 28th, and just sold it on Craigslist for $300.

Are you f***ing kidding me?

After all the work you (and the people in the forum) put into your PC to get it working, you dismantled the thing for $60? You could have just saved the $60 by buying cheaper memory in the first place! You now have like a $1200 computer to play Super Mario Brothers on, but thank freakin God that you got that 60 bucks back. Do you have a screw loose?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else sell their GPU to make a bit of a profit off the current prices?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived