This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Last time you used your computers disc/CD drive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Last time you used your computers disc/CD drive?

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
4 weeks ago#21
About 16 months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyXIXyAZq0
Please consider adopting a cat from your SPCA or local animal shelter.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#22
I added a new HDD recently and needed the sata. Rip bluray drive. I used it a decent amount backing stuff up and/or ripping content.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 weeks ago#23
When I installed windows for the first time on it 6 years ago

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
4 weeks ago#24
My build doesn't have a 5.25'' Drive Bay.

That being said I have a DVD drive that I periodically use, last time I used it was to install Windows 8.1 because I couldn't make a Windows 10 installer in Linux after I blew all of my drives away.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
4 weeks ago#25
KillerTruffle posted...
32x2z posted...
I didn't even like using floppys as a kid.

When I started using computers, you didn't have a *choice*. The computer wouldn't even boot without a floppy in it.

GUI has been around since the early 80's. Sucks to learn all that DOS and not need it anymore (don't get me wrong, I understand you can utilize DOS still today, but it's not a workplace skill like it was back then). Bet I'm gonna be saying the same thing with windows in the future...
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
4 weeks ago#26
Installing witcher 2 on my laptop about a year ago. My main pc was installing a software disk for my new Wi-Fi adapter.
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: Sir_Meowcat_Esq

Sir_Meowcat_Esq
4 weeks ago#27
As I type this, and pretty often otherwise.

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
4 weeks ago#28
These days, I consider an optical disc drive to be like a flashlight you keep in the basement. You don't use it every day, or even close, but when you need it, it's really handy. For only $20 it's a no-brainer too.

I ripped some DVDs last year, occasionally will play an old PC game from a disc, and have also converted my whole CD library to FLAC at one point. Don't think I've used it in months, though, which is fine.
whichmultiplat.com, my current project
discussions on the best release of each game

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
4 weeks ago#29
I still haven't played my old San Andreas disc since building my pc in 2016...hmm
https://gfycat.com/BountifulHarmlessDungbeetle
she acts different around me

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 weeks ago#30
I feel like I used my external DVD drive for something last year, but the last time I can remember using it was when my Splatoon soundtrack came in and I wanted to listen to it on my PC. That could be what I'm remembering.

Either way, it's been a while.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Last time you used your computers disc/CD drive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived