This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best game series out of these 3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best game series out of these 3

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 months ago#21
From someone who played Elder Scrolls Arena back then, then Daggerfall... Then experienced Morrowind and so on... LOL at this poll. Elder Scrolls by far and away
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#22
Witcher 1 is one of my favorite games. 3 is even better. 2 is close behind them

Morrowind has some great aspects but that combat is worse than playing any Witcher game with one finger

Skyrim has great aspects as well but also falls short in areas where the Witcher excels. Oblivion is poop.. daggerfall is good

It's pretty close actually but Witcher is better

Dragon age origins can compete with the best of each series but the other two dragon age games aren't in the same league

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 months ago#23
Game World: ES
Plot/Characterization: Witcher
Customization: ES
Hot Bull-man Sex: Dragon Age
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
3 months ago#24
Elder Scrolls is just my personal preference because I don't like the grimdark story in Witcher or the gameplay of Dragon Age.

Also, Witcher 1 and 2 were arguably mediocre games, while Elder Scrolls had numerous good installments.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 months ago#25
Dragon Age sucks

Witcher 1 is good, Witcher 2 is a chore, Witcher 3 is a masterpiece

Morrowind + Oblivion + Skryim combined are better than the 3 Witchers combined , so I have to give it to Elder Scrolls.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
3 months ago#26
Witcher 3 = worst combat ever

I spent nearly 300 hours back in Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Fact is there'd be no Witcher without the Elder Scrolls. Show some respect.

Witcher 3 has horrible combat.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
3 months ago#27
darklink1017 posted...
Fact is there'd be no Witcher without the Elder Scrolls. Show some respect.

show respect to what, exactly? if you want to go down the 'respect' rabbit hole, then you should be complaining that this poll has no wizardry or ultima option

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
3 months ago#28
Going with Witcher. I haven't played the two first TES games but honestly I don't think I'd enjoy them all that much. I also haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition, but same deal there - what I've heard and seen looks so boring that I feel no desire to play it, and this is coming from a guy who loved Origins and thought 2, while nowhere near the same level, wasn't all bad.

Witcher winning is mostly on account of Witcher 3 being probably the best game I've ever played. It's still hard to believe they actually made a game that massive that was able to maintain such a level of quality and attention to detail throughout. I do love Skyrim, and Morrowind even more, but Oblivion is weaker than all 3 of Witcher's installments, which definitely seals the deal. I mean, Witcher 3's expansions alone are absolutely better than the entire game of Oblivion, which kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it?

That said, I do prefer TES in theory over Witcher. It's a subgenre or style of RPG/open world game that appeals to me more, especially with Bethesda having the best open world design in the business. But they have been really inconsistent in their decisions made for the series over the years and haven't been able to fully realize its potential. They need better combat for the next time around, as much as people might criticize Witcher 3's combat it's absolutely miles ahead of any TES game in that regard. And they even more desperately need to get their s*** together on writing and quests. The steady march toward ever more soulless, randomly generated fetch'n'kill crap and running around chasing quest markers is really depressing to see considering Morrowind and Oblivion had really engaging quests that respected your intelligence and felt like actual writers and quest designers made them.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 months ago#29
GTL581 posted...
darklink1017 posted...

show respect to what, exactly? if you want to go down the 'respect' rabbit hole, then you should be complaining that this poll has no wizardry or ultima option

He means "be a fanboy for" when he says "show respect". It's a video game, not Nelson Mandella. Even if it's a game that paved the way for something you currently love with every fiber of your being, you aren't required to hold some kind of special reverence for it, and even if you do, that doesn't make it above criticism(to be fair, even Nelson Mandella isn't above reproach either).
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
3 months ago#30
darklink1017 posted...

You mean there'd be no Witcher without Neverwinter Nights. ES series had nothing to do with The Witcher.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best game series out of these 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived