This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with pc specs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with pc specs

User Info: captsplatter_1

2 months ago#11
ClunkerSlim posted...
JKatarn posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
What Thegreatandrewm means, it will run like total s*** and you shouldn't bother. PUBG is demanding cause its an unoptimized mess. Your CPU might be ok, but you need 8 gigs more of RAM and a new (gulp) GPU. The 8 gigs will set you back like $80. But the GPU is what's gonna kill you. That's gonna be $800 for a 1080 (non Ti).

I wasn't aware that PUBG was so unoptimized that you need 16GB of RAM and a 1080 to bruteforce decent performance out of it - if that's true, it must be the most broken, unoptimized POS ever.

PUBG recommended system requirements
Minimum settings are never the ideal way to play a game, and PUBG is no exception. Here's the kind of hardware we'd actually recommend playing Battlegrounds on.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5-1600 / Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or better

Agreed I mean look at xbox, that's minimum settings.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Iratcliff

1 month ago#12
Alright thanks so much guys. Definitely think I'll save my cash and get something of higher quality. Have been playing pubg on Xbox and have had enough of unopmtimized garbage.

1 month ago#13
However, would it be able to run new games that weren't really unoptimized? Just really looking for an entry level system that's going to be able to run 60fps with medium settings or so on most games. Cheers for all the responses guys I'd be totally lost otherwise.

1 month ago#14
Can't tell if you're trolling or not. Go give it a try, or try a decently power hungry demo like the one I mentioned. You have a gaming PC, do you not have any games?

1 month ago#15
Sorry I should have made it clear I haven't bought the pc yet, I'm looking at possible budget builds. Sorry for the confusion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with pc specs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived