This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with pc specs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with pc specs

User Info: Iratcliff

Iratcliff
6 months ago#1
Hey I'm wanting to get into pc gaming but I'm entirely lost with all the technical stuff.
Could someone tell me how a pc with these specs would perform in PUBG and other newer games?

Motherboard: Asus Z17k
CPU: intel i5 6600
Gpu: gibagyte g1 gaming R9 390
ram: 8gb ddr4

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
6 months ago#2
Playable console experience:)
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#3
What Thegreatandrewm means, it will run like total s*** and you shouldn't bother. PUBG is demanding cause its an unoptimized mess. Your CPU might be ok, but you need 8 gigs more of RAM and a new (gulp) GPU. The 8 gigs will set you back like $80. But the GPU is what's gonna kill you. That's gonna be $800 for a 1080 (non Ti).
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#4
captsplatter_1 posted...
What Thegreatandrewm means, it will run like total s*** and you shouldn't bother. PUBG is demanding cause its an unoptimized mess. Your CPU might be ok, but you need 8 gigs more of RAM and a new (gulp) GPU. The 8 gigs will set you back like $80. But the GPU is what's gonna kill you. That's gonna be $800 for a 1080 (non Ti).

I wasn't aware that PUBG was so unoptimized that you need 16GB of RAM and a 1080 to bruteforce decent performance out of it - if that's true, it must be the most broken, unoptimized POS ever.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#5
JKatarn posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

I wasn't aware that PUBG was so unoptimized that you need 16GB of RAM and a 1080 to bruteforce decent performance out of it - if that's true, it must be the most broken, unoptimized POS ever.

You are gonna need the 16 gigs of RAM, but I only listed the 1080 as an example. Sorry about the confusion. But ya its is unoptimized. Well it does say 8 gigs for recommended. Id still get 16 anyways.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
6 months ago#6
That's an old platform now, if you're buying new you'd want to get an 8000 series CPU.

8GB RAM could perhaps be a limitation for some games, but that PC would handle everything out right now.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#7
godplaysSNES posted...
That's an old platform now, if you're buying new you'd want to get an 8000 series CPU.

8GB RAM could perhaps be a limitation for some games, but that PC would handle everything out right now.

His CPU meets the recommended specs for the game. But I'm guessing thats if the game was optimized. And knowing how s***ty it runs on Xbox it must be CPU demanding.

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
6 months ago#8
Your PC should be good enough, and PUBG has had a few optimization patches so I say give it a go. PUBG runs a lot smoother these days. As far as performance in other new games I still think you'll do ok. Go on Steam and get the demo for Tom Clancys The Division and see how that works. It's free, and it was quite demanding when it was released so it will give you a good idea in general.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#9
JKatarn posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-system-requirements/

PUBG recommended system requirements
Minimum settings are never the ideal way to play a game, and PUBG is no exception. Here's the kind of hardware we'd actually recommend playing Battlegrounds on.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5-1600 / Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or better
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#10
if you closed chrome before running PUBG, you could probably get it running decent
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with pc specs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived