This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrade CPU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade CPU?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#11
thegreatsquare posted...
Whatever CPU series launches after the PS5 launches as part of a completely new build.

Only gonna need a new CPU+Mobo and maby RAM. Depending on if s'he is going Ryzen or wants the next generation of RAM. I guess its a new build if you include the RAM, but meh.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
6 months ago#12
CPU will be fine for a while.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 1060 SC 6 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1920x1080/1600x900 |
Huawei Mediapad M3

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
6 months ago#13
I'm on a 3570 and its still good
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
6 months ago#14
Honestly, unless you have some sort of hardware failure, the 6700k should last you at least another 5 years and that's really worst case scenario. You'll probably get much longer out of it unless games suddenly start needing 16 cores in the future.
Yay gaming

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#15
DoMyEyesLie posted...
Honestly, unless you have some sort of hardware failure, the 6700k should last you at least another 5 years and that's really worst case scenario. You'll probably get much longer out of it unless games suddenly start needing 16 cores in the future.

A few need 6+ cores like Assasins Creed, but ya my next one gonna be a 6 core at least.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade CPU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived