This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?
(message deleted)

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
5 months ago#22
I wasn't a kid, but i had fun playing Monster Truck Madness 2 and Warcraft 2 back when MSN Zone was a thing.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
5 months ago#23
Happypuppy.com

You weren't a gamer in the 90's if you don't remember happypuppy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Diane_Reitz#Happy_Puppy

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/at1ux/anyone_remember_happypuppycom_back_in_the_90s_it/
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
5 months ago#24
Ocarina Of Time

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#25
Only one on that list I played was adventure quest worlds, so I picked that. I don't have much nostalgia for it though. I enjoyed it at the time.

Edit: Kind of nostalgic for some webcomics like Nukclear Power's FF1 comic atm.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
5 months ago#26
Neopets for sure. Didn't start on WoW until I was 16.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
5 months ago#27
EverQuest: Online Adventures, 2003. That was my first real exposure to an online community besides GameFAQs - which can't be nostalgic if it hasn't changed that much anyway.

In EQOA I vividly remember having my mind blown by the very concept of online gameplay. At the time it felt pretty crazy being able to play with strangers from across the continent, when previously my only multiplayer experience was with friends in Goldeneye, Twisted Metal, and Super Smash Brothers/Melee.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Midyew5959

Midyew5959
5 months ago#28
Runescape. So much Runescape.
Also known as Thrashmetal59. This is my other computer I'm on.

User Info: GodKuzanagi

GodKuzanagi
5 months ago#29
Gaiaonline - easie.

Started playing on Jan 2004 and would totally play that s*** all day after school.

Was so proud when I managed to make millions without spending any money.
Your god and savior

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
5 months ago#30
Internet was just starting to hit the UK as I left school. My first online experience that always fills me with joy (despite getting ruined), was trying to compete on Quake 3 online on Dreamcast with a controller against those using KB/M, I like to think I didn't do THAT bad!
Idiots voting for idiots.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived