This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?

User Info: sfcalimari

1 month ago#11
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: Somato

1 month ago#12

Nothing will top the vanilla World of Warcraft community. people were actually cool and nice because you had to, if you wanted to be invited to stuff. Now you just click a button and go with strangers you will never see again.
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: JowyBlight

1 month ago#13
" came. Just like you promised. we are once again."

User Info: Supremo

1 month ago#14
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: Voxwik

1 month ago#15
World of Warcraft was more mid 2000s when it launched. Man it's weird to think my account here will soon be older than some adults (calling 1.5 years soon... yeah). Age aside, I got really into Xenogears after buying it when they reprinted it in the early 2000s. There were a few sites I followed that had active communities of people for the game, and I specifically remember one of the administrators of one I followed rage quit when he hated Xenosaga.

User Info: LiquidDee

1 month ago#16
cory1225 posted...
Counter strike!

User Info: Xialoh

1 month ago#17
Was between Runescape and WoW. Enjoyed both, started Runescape first, but in hindsight, a lot about that game was unpleasant for me. WoW was the first and last MMO I played where most of the time it was total stress free fun. Definitely the best nostalgia rating goes to it.
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

User Info: SilentHawk29

1 month ago#18
A Nexon game called Dark Ages
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire):

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#19
Black & White.

I was one of a handful of people on the official message board who knew the mechanics of that broken-ass game well enough to educate people on why they were playing the game wrong without knowing it. Because the game didn't tell you a lot of stuff and was frighteningly easy to screw up.

It was also incredibly easy to break. If you were a Norse tribe and you got your villagers to worship an object for a while, it would build belief. When you build a wonder, its size is dictated by how much belief is in the area in which you built it. Normally that means the town you made first, but if you moved it near a worshipped item that had belief stored in it, your wonder would be max size.

And the norse wonder would increase how much food and wood you could create with a single cast of the miracle spell. So with one cast you could create enough food and wood to fuel you the rest of the level.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: MarceloSampaio

1 month ago#20
I was already in college back then and never paid too much attention to those communities. Didn't have the time. I DID play WoW, but mostly with a bunch of friends, so I don't remember talking to strangers.

Whenever I wanted to chat with random people I would use mIRC or MSN (later on), and whenever I wanted to play games, I would just use Kaillera.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really?
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What early 2000's community gives you the most nostalgia from your childhood?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived