This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Retro Sega Controllers Come Back with Bluetooth/USB Version

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Retro Sega Controllers Come Back with Bluetooth/USB Version

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
2 months ago#1
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-21/retro-sega-controllers-come-back-with-bluetooth-compatibility/.126496

Woohoo!!!!

I love the D-Pad on those Saturn Controllers.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
2 months ago#2
I'm debating which has the bigger D-pad, Genesis or Saturn pad?
HSF2:AE++

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
2 months ago#3
Every piece of Retro-bit hardware I've ever gotten has broken. The build quality of their stuff is terrible, and has the lifespan of a fruitfly. Ironically, TC, it was always the D-Pads on their stuff that broke first.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
2 months ago#4
Yeah, I have a USB adapter for my SNES controller and it works great. I always am wary of "retro remakes" since they seem to last about 10-15% as long as the old controllers did.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
2 months ago#5
GundamMonX posted...
Every piece of Retro-bit hardware I've ever gotten has broken. The build quality of their stuff is terrible, and has the lifespan of a fruitfly. Ironically, TC, it was always the D-Pads on their stuff that broke first.

I'm hoping since they're officially partnering with SEGA on this that the build qualities will actually be up to standard.

I really need a new Saturn USB fightpad (I've had my current SLS for 8 years now and the d-pad's been acting up occasionally) so if this is even close to the same build quality I'll be happy.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#6
Call me 8bitdo puts out their own Sega controllers.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 months ago#7
These controllers are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems and can even be paired with older consoles using a separate dongle. A separate Bluetooth receiver will allow players to pair the controllers with the original Sega Genesis, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast consoles.

That's kind of cool... if it actually works. This should work with the Atari 2600 then and some vintage PCs. But I have a feeling the build quality just won't be there.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: CriticalFury

CriticalFury
2 months ago#8
This is great news. I still have my 2 usb sega saturn controllers that i bought years ago and they still going strong. Having sega saturn bluetooth controllers is gonna be sweet.
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#9
Would be really nice if these do actually work with the original Genesis. I'd love to finally have an official 6-button controller rather than the third party thing I owned.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Retro Sega Controllers Come Back with Bluetooth/USB Version

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived