This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone recommend me (free) video editing software?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anyone recommend me (free) video editing software?

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#11
I use Aviddemux to do simple cut and pastes of my vids

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
4 months ago#12
arleas posted...
Why not see if there's some software deals through your school? Maybe you can get the school version for free or cheap?

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
4 months ago#13
Could try KDEnlive. Works well on Linux with with software rendering, crashes a lot with hardware but that could be a Linux Nvidia drivers thing. It has a Windows beta release, I think.
Mind the grue.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 months ago#14
HeliosMagi posted...
Is VirtualDub still any good?

It craps out on modern codecs for the most part. Anything used in its era and it's still as good as ever (which means it's not good for modern use).
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: gideond

gideond
4 months ago#15
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Scroll to the very bottom. There are download links for the free and the paid version.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
4 months ago#16
MabinogiFan posted...
OpenShot kinda sucks. It's very slow and it crashes pretty easily. Anyone have any other suggestions?

troll topic confirmed.

Nothing more to see here people.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#17
Seriously - if this is for school, check with your school. Schools/students receive pretty massive discounts on software like that, and the school may even have free versions of expensive editing software for use while you're a student.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't give you something already. What class would ever assign you a video editing project, but not provide you with the tools to do it with?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
4 months ago#18
KillerTruffle posted...
Seriously - if this is for school, check with your school. Schools/students receive pretty massive discounts on software like that, and the school may even have free versions of expensive editing software for use while you're a student.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't give you something already. What class would ever assign you a video editing project, but not provide you with the tools to do it with?

It's primarily a creative writing class. The majority of your work is supposed to be in the writing phase, not the shooting/editing phase. The professor said to use your phones to record and edit your movies. Anyway, I checked my school, and they're not offering any video editors for download right now. I could go to the school directly and use their computer services to edit my video, but that's less efficient than doing it at home.

Anyway, I'm using Lightworks now, and despite some hiccups, it's working fine for me.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 months ago#19
Yar Har M8ty
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: Powertoolz

Powertoolz
4 months ago#20
Da Vinci video editing.Tons of YouTube tutorials, easy to download, free all around solid. Only problem I had was figuring out how to WinZip.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anyone recommend me (free) video editing software?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived