This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPU's as good as 1060 6gb?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU's as good as 1060 6gb?

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
3 months ago#1
I currently live in Canada and some of the prices for the 1060 are out of this world expensive for what it should be. So I was wondering is there any alternative GPU's that are on par with the 1060 6gb that may be a bit cheaper?

My current build is

Ryzen 5 1600
Msi b350 Tomahawk motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Help would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
3 months ago#2
Theres not. All gpus still expensive
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
3 months ago#3
find a gtx 980 ti
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
3 months ago#4
A used gt 980 should be similar. It will draw more power though

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 months ago#5
It's direct competitor is supposed to be the AMD RX 580, but they're extremely expensive now.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#6
Get the 3GB version, you lose a bit of performance but it's a lot cheaper than 6GB.
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
3 months ago#7
Kokuei05 posted...
Get the 3GB version, you lose a bit of performance but it's a lot cheaper than 6GB.

people always tell me the gb version isn't worth it tho. Also will prices go down anytime soon lol?

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 months ago#8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhvmP8yNE4
i7-6700K @ Stock | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI 79hz
e7470 | i5-6300U || Surface Pro 2 i5 || OnePlus 5t || iPad Air 2 9.0

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#9
Legolas432 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

people always tell me the gb version isn't worth it tho. Also will prices go down anytime soon lol?

3GB is slightly slower and slightly weaker, It's fine if you aren't doing anything that needs more than 4GB though, but it's not normally that good of a deal.
They're overpriced to hell, but they're less than 2/3rds the current spike in 1060 price.

Building right now is a bad idea, though, because of the price spike.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#10
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

3GB is slightly slower and slightly weaker, It's fine if you aren't doing anything that needs more than 4GB though, but it's not normally that good of a deal.
They're overpriced to hell, but they're less than 2/3rds the current spike in 1060 price.

Building right now is a bad idea, though, because of the price spike.

Also Canada, means prices were already 40 to 60% higher than American msrp.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU's as good as 1060 6gb?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived