This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ive never bought from GOG before... a few questions about it..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ive never bought from GOG before... a few questions about it..

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#11
GTL581 posted...
That's true as well. Are all games supported yet? The patch notes for when they implemented it led me to believe that only a few games would use it, haven't really kept up with what the updates have done since then

Actually not sure. I tend to just download my games directly and backup saves to onedrive myself. I recalled Retrowire mentioning the cloud save thing a while back when I mentioned I don't use galaxy, Out of curiosity, I'll go through a few games on the client and see if I notice some exceptions.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#12
Looked at oniken, mdk, and neverwinter nights diamond. Only the last had cloud save support, so I'm guessing it is still pretty hit or miss for that feature. Shame that.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
4 weeks ago#13
kentuckybob posted...
So all the BS that I hate about steam? awesome I'll probably start using gog. And word on Skyrim legacy coming to gog?

you hate feature? I mean I can understand hating achievements(don't think GOG has them, but still), but the ones I mentioned are good. at worst, you can just ignore them. you hate friend lists? the only ways I can see that happen are if you have no friends or the only ones you have are a******s.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#14
I never bought a single game from GOG. Yet, I have 30 or so of them on my library. :p

Anyway, I don't use the client, since having the game's installation on my backup HDD is surprisingly useful. And I can install games on my wife's Laptop without having to log in any service there.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 weeks ago#15
If you're old school, you can just download an .exe and install the game.

If you're up-to-date and sane, you can download the Galaxy Client and have it manage your games and updates for you.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#16
knightauthor posted...
don't think GOG has them

It does have achievements but only for some games. I know Witcher 3 had them but not sure which other games support them.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
4 weeks ago#17
New Vegas? Make sure you have a high endurance. Otherwise you'll miss out on one of the features....
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 weeks ago#18
When did gog get new vegas,?

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
4 weeks ago#19
Must've been Summer last year. Everytime I get into a Bethesda game I'll probably need 300 hours. Came out with Fallout 3.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
4 weeks ago#20
You either use the Galaxy Client or login and download it in parts via your browers/own download manager. The client isn't required to download or be running,but does the make the dl easier. They use to have a download manager, lighter, prior to the galaxy client. They might still have it.

You don't lose access to it ever, you could login 10 yrs later and download it from a different country on a different computer.

Online verification not required. Just run the setup and click the shortcut for the exe or find it in games folder (or launch through galaxy if that's what you like)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ive never bought from GOG before... a few questions about it..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived