This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Denuvo 4.8, anti-tamper tech used in the latest triple-A games, has been cracked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo 4.8, anti-tamper tech used in the latest triple-A games, has been cracked

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
6 months ago#1
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/denuvo-4-8-anti-tamper-tech-used-in-the-latest-triple-a-games-has-been-cracked/#disqus_thread

CPY group cracked on 3 months
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
6 months ago#2
Noooo....!

They even have Sonic Forces as their background picture. I was proud that game couldn't be cracked. (I've have it on PS4. $40.)

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
6 months ago#3
Proud eh? Man some of us have truly been whipped on a corporate drone level.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
6 months ago#4
Good for them. I'm happy that these hackers are having so much fun cracking this and ignoring banks and other expensive targets.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
6 months ago#5
It'll be real interesting to see if AC:O gets better performance if they at least can get rid of VMProtect
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 months ago#6
They're ripping off AAA publishers and they know it. I applaud Denuvo.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: HOTHorneHeights

HOTHorneHeights
6 months ago#7
Nice

SinisterSlay
6 months ago#8
godplaysSNES posted...
It'll be real interesting to see if AC:O gets better performance if they at least can get rid of VMProtect

All they do is simulate connections to the server. So it's still checking, it just checks against the wrong thing. Standard man in the middle attack.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: coolguy_23

coolguy_23
6 months ago#9
SinisterSlay posted...
Good for them. I'm happy that these hackers are having so much fun cracking this and ignoring banks and other expensive targets.

Video games are much easier and safer to hack.
Smash Bros isn't a fighting game.

SinisterSlay
6 months ago#10
coolguy_23 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Video games are much easier and safer to hack.

Yes and really all hackers are doing is having fun.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Denuvo 4.8, anti-tamper tech used in the latest triple-A games, has been cracked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived