This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam reviews question...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam reviews question...

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
7 months ago#1
Is it possible for a dev team to remove unwanted reviews at all?

Reason for asking, I checked up on Project Zomboid to see how the updates were coming along, & the game has no reviews whatsoever, except for curator reviews... Considering the game has been on Steam for 4+ years now, I find this highly suspicious.

I tried to post my own review, yet while it's been posted, it doesn't show on the PZ store page.

I've never seen a game with zero reviews before, & I'm sure it had some when I purchased the game.

Any ideas folks?
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
7 months ago#2
That's strange. Especially considering the total score says "no reviews" but the recent score is "Mostly positive" based on 238 reviews over the past month.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
7 months ago#3
I've seen someone complaining that Capcom deleted all reviews of Street Fighter 5, and that's actually false, so I guess Steam is bugging out for some people.

And now I'm not seeing any review in any game either. Not even my own reviews, that are still visible. :p
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

vlado_e
7 months ago#4
MarceloSampaio posted...
And now I'm not seeing any review in any game either.

OK, that would explain it. So it's not just Project Zomboid. Also, I know Steam rolled out a change to the review system (in terms of displaying them) and at that point it also broke not showing reviews for a bit. I imagine it might be something similar, as in something related to their review display.

Worth noting that I did click on the link in your sig (I'm lazy, it was the first Steam game link available) and it does show reviews. So probably isn't affecting all games but just some.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
7 months ago#5
I doubt it. I think it's just the new review system playing up.

If you untick "helpfulness" filter above the reviews, a ton of negative reviews popped up for Project Zomboid.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
7 months ago#6
Scroll down to the bottom and click on browse all reviews, then change it to "Most Recent". By default it's usually on "Most Helpful".

vlado_e
7 months ago#7
Jules Rules posted...
I doubt it. I think it's just the new review system playing up.

If you untick "helpfulness" filter above the reviews, a ton of negative reviews popped up for Project Zomboid.

Whatever was causing this is corrected now. And it definitely wasn't just that filter as the information at the top of the page actually stated there were no reviews for all time. The "helpfulness" filter wouldn't affect that.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
7 months ago#8
Probably just a phase with Steam servers.
It has reviews now.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam reviews question...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived