This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As time goes by, I'm beginning to favor GoG over Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As time goes by, I'm beginning to favor GoG over Steam

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
5 months ago#11
Also, yeah, I refuse to browse the Steam store. It's been a nightmare as long as I can remember.

User Info: gideond

gideond
5 months ago#12
I prefer GOG as well, but I'll buy from whatever service has the best price. I also tend to buy games from Ubi through uPlay (not that they are ever cheap enough to bother) and EA through Origin, etc. I figure I'm forced to use their client anyway so I might as well buy it directly instead of running through Steam and another client. Unless there is a better deal to justify buying it elsewhere.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
5 months ago#13
OrgeLambart posted...

why do you care if Steam has garbage games on it.. do those garbage games mean you're good ones aren't getting released.. People who complain about games they dislike being released on Steam make me shake my head.. why do people want to restrict the available games, because it bothers you to see bad games..

Because discoverability was already an issue for smaller indies with limited budgets, and it's made even worse by the deluge of games. Iconoclasts comes out in two days, it's by the Noitu Love 2 guy, looks real good and is being received well by people who got an early copy, but there's a lot of people out there who'd dig it that'll never see it because there's three pages of Upcoming Releases between now and then, and half of those are garbage.

Like, there's a difference between "these games are bad" and "these games are genuinely just stock GameGuru sample projects being released unedited in the hopes of suckering chumps out of a few bucks" or "these games are content-free RPG Maker releases you idle in to get five thousand achievements." For the real-world equivalent, I do not expect my local grocery store to stop selling Tastykake just because I don't like the butterscotch krimpets, but if Tastykake was shipping bags of unprepared ingredients unannounced or outright empty packaging, I would assume any store worth going to might stop carrying that.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
5 months ago#14
I know how you feel.
The more and more popular something great becomes, I slow notice that deep down, I don't like and prefer using something less popular.

Strange, isn't it?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
5 months ago#15
Steam hasn't done anything extra for its customers in years. Even Uplay and Origin have been better than Steam the last years.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#16
Golden_Gonads posted...
There's a hell of a lot of crap to wade through on Steam to get to interesting releases, that said I've more-or less abandoned GOG as they are mainly getting dime-a-dozen indie releases now as well (though I accept that they've pretty much mined out all the classic games they could negotiate the rights to).

You still see the odd classic re-release, they re-released Jazz Jackrabbit 1+2 and Epic Pinball recently, the first time these games have been released digitally, but yeah, it is mainly indie/'AA' game releases on their platform these days, which is a shame.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
5 months ago#17
JKatarn posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...
There's a hell of a lot of crap to wade through on Steam to get to interesting releases, that said I've more-or less abandoned GOG as they are mainly getting dime-a-dozen indie releases now as well (though I accept that they've pretty much mined out all the classic games they could negotiate the rights to).

You still see the odd classic re-release, they re-released Jazz Jackrabbit 1+2 and Epic Pinball recently, the first time these games have been released digitally, but yeah, it is mainly indie/'AAA' game releases on their platform these days, which is a shame.

Fixed.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As time goes by, I'm beginning to favor GoG over Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived