This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do I suddenly have high ping in Blizzard games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do I suddenly have high ping in Blizzard games?

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
6 months ago#1
I'm trying to play Overwatch and Starcraft and my ping has been stuck at 135ms. But I take ping tests online and they show it being normal at around 14. Any idea what's going on here? Just started happening today.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
6 months ago#2
Probably issues between you and their servers.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Terribletruth69

Terribletruth69
6 months ago#3
I get that a lot with blizzard. I'll be in vent with friends while playing heroes of the Storm. Heroes of the Storm stutters and lags but vent is completely fine.

VideoboysaysCube
6 months ago#4
Looked for suggestions on Blizzard's site. Did a DNS flush. Tried going into SC again and had my normal ping. But then I went to OW and still had a ping that was locked at 137. Went back to SC again and had fluctuations of 900-200 ping again. Tried switching to a wired connection, same issue. Everything else online works fine. I'd like to think the issue was on Blizzard's end, but I don't see anyone else mentioning issues. So it looks like it's just going to be a fun game of trouble shooting.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#5
It is probably on your end, look on dslreports or something
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

VideoboysaysCube
6 months ago#6
zhenghan posted...
It is probably on your end, look on dslreports or something

Can't believe I didn't know about this site. Apparently it is a widespread issue in my area. Glad it's not just me.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
6 months ago#7
Check in battle.net if you have the region set to the correct region. I am in Europe but can also use "Americas" but obviously it gives me a worse ping.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#8
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Check in battle.net if you have the region set to the correct region. I am in Europe but can also use "Americas" but obviously it gives me a worse ping.

Where at in Europe?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
6 months ago#9
You can always try Haste out to reroute your traffic to the game server.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do I suddenly have high ping in Blizzard games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived