This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally got VR set up with motion controllers (windows mr)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finally got VR set up with motion controllers (windows mr)

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 month ago#1
I think maybe 2D games have been ruined for me (okay not really but yeah actually maybe)... It's like going somewhere else.

I didn't really believe the hype. I would have paid more instead of waiting until room scale VR dropped to $210 (windows mr).

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#2
Yeah, you should have opted for the Samsung Odyssey if you're going Windows MR. You also have the added downside that not every game out there works with Windows MR right now. Sure a bunch do, but it'll take a while before you see every developer working on making work perfectly, and many may settle for "eh, it works good enough for now".

2D games aren't ruined for me, but certain kinds of games are just so much better in VR that it's insane. Stuff like flight sims and Space sims, and racing games... those are all pretty much "VR only" for me now.

Stuff like platformers and fighting games? I don't think I've seen a really good platformer in VR yet. (inb4 "What about Lucky's Tale" to which I would repeat "I don't think I've seen a really good platformer in VR yet").

Social stuff is so much different in VR that there's no comparison.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: DarthBuzzer

DarthBuzzer
1 month ago#3
It's one of those things that you have to try to truly understand. It's exactly like judging a type of food you've never eaten.

Make sure to download ReVive to play Oculus games. You'll want to grab free games like Echo Arena, Lucky's Tale, and AirCar. Then you can look at purchasing AAA games like Lone Echo, Robo Recall, Arktika 1, The Mage's Tale, The Unspoken, Wilson's Heart, From Other Suns.

jedinat
1 month ago#4
My IPD is reasonably compatible so I didn't really see the point in going Samsung for twice as much when some people complain about its weight and such.

I got revive but haven't tried anything yet. It's pretty ridiculous how many different app I need running to get to an oculus game, lol. (windows mr, mr for steamvr, steamvr, revive, oculus)

I actually got tried from gaming and had to sit down mid-session. That has to be good for me, lol.

Valve needs to make more VR stuff.

DarthBuzzer
1 month ago#5
jedinat posted...
My IPD is reasonably compatible so I didn't really see the point in going Samsung for twice as much when some people complain about its weight and such.

I got revive but haven't tried anything yet. It's pretty ridiculous how many different app I need running to get to an oculus game, lol. (windows mr, mr for steamvr, steamvr, revive, oculus)

I actually got tried from gaming and had to sit down mid-session. That has to be good for me, lol.

They're working on 3 full AAA VR games. I would expect them to release next year, or 2020.

jedinat
1 month ago#6
DarthBuzzer posted...
jedinat posted...

They're working on 3 full AAA VR games. I would expect them to release next year, or 2020.

Nice. The Lab is so good and so short.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
1 month ago#7
They promised 3 full VR games but we all know Valve can't count to 3 so it's doubtful that will ever happen.

That said, VR is amazing. Welcome to the club. And, yeah, many flat games have been ruined by VR. I was watching Nerd^3 play Megaton Rainfall earlier and it looked pretty nice but all I could think about was how awesome it would be in VR and it kinda drained my interest in playing a flat version.

I still play plenty of flat games but it's all stuff that immersion doesn't really matter like card games, VNs, etc.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
H3VR [VIVE] - Take & Hold Part 1: Skate Shooting - https://youtu.be/te-oXP638aw

DarthBuzzer
1 month ago#8
SilentCaay posted...
They promised 3 full VR games but we all know Valve can't count to 3 so it's doubtful that will ever happen.

That said, VR is amazing. Welcome to the club. And, yeah, many flat games have been ruined by VR. I was watching Nerd^3 play Megaton Rainfall earlier and it looked pretty nice but all I could think about was how awesome it would be in VR and it kinda drained my interest in playing a flat version.

I still play plenty of flat games but it's all stuff that immersion doesn't really matter like card games, VNs, etc.

Last news on them was last month, they're still under development and it's going well. Valve will probably release them with the Knuckles controllers.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
1 month ago#9
DarthBuzzer posted...
Last news on them was last month, they're still under development and it's going well. Valve will probably release them with the Knuckles controllers.

Link to said news. I haven't seen any real news on them since they announced they would make them and it's not in Valve's MO to release news, anyway.

The last "news" I heard about the games was from sites printing an interview with the Vive General Manger who said that Valve was still working on the games which, yes, he certainly does have regular contact with Valve but it's not a first-hand interview and it was severely lacking in details. It basically said absolutely nothing aside from "Yes, they're still working on them".
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
H3VR [VIVE] - Take & Hold Part 1: Skate Shooting - https://youtu.be/te-oXP638aw

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#10
I'm actually kind of missing the 4k validation topics.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finally got VR set up with motion controllers (windows mr)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived