This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just found out Squaresoft's main programmer retired in 1993.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just found out Squaresoft's main programmer retired in 1993.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#51
Hell you don't even need to travel anymore. Just put your VR headset on and get in google earth, go to streetview mode and it's like you're there! (except for the places where they did a really s***ty job of making 3D models for all the buildings or where they didn't make any 3D models at all)
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 weeks ago#52
kobalobasileus posted...
l337Bossman posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
What do people do when they retire with that much money that young? I'm not a fan of traveling so that wouldn't be something I'd do.

Sleep in everyday. Invest. Read. Play videogames. Pursue hobbies. Cook delicious food. Post on GameFAQs.

For the most part, world travel is overrated. You can see all of the cool places on public television shows for free, and you don't have to worry about local diseases, language barriers, terrorists, or any other bulls***.

It always boggles my mind how people assume that just because someone has money, they are compelled to spend it. As someone else said, it's typically the poor schlubs who win the lottery and have no idea how to actually manage money who end up blowing though millions and back in the poorhouse.

If you think watching public television is the equivalent of traveling yourself, you need to get out more. It is very sad to me that there are people who are that clueless out there. Local diseases and terrorists? Sounds to me like you need to watch less TV and realize the world is not the place it is portrayed as on the boob tube.

Uh huh. I've been to Venice, Italy, and watched PBS shows about Venice, Italy. The shows were better.

Did you just railroad yourself into touristy areas or did you actually explore and experience the region?
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: BannanaBomb2002

BannanaBomb2002
4 weeks ago#53
1337toothbrush posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
l337Bossman posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
What do people do when they retire with that much money that young? I'm not a fan of traveling so that wouldn't be something I'd do.

Sleep in everyday. Invest. Read. Play videogames. Pursue hobbies. Cook delicious food. Post on GameFAQs.

For the most part, world travel is overrated. You can see all of the cool places on public television shows for free, and you don't have to worry about local diseases, language barriers, terrorists, or any other bulls***.

It always boggles my mind how people assume that just because someone has money, they are compelled to spend it. As someone else said, it's typically the poor schlubs who win the lottery and have no idea how to actually manage money who end up blowing though millions and back in the poorhouse.

If you think watching public television is the equivalent of traveling yourself, you need to get out more. It is very sad to me that there are people who are that clueless out there. Local diseases and terrorists? Sounds to me like you need to watch less TV and realize the world is not the place it is portrayed as on the boob tube.

Uh huh. I've been to Venice, Italy, and watched PBS shows about Venice, Italy. The shows were better.

Did you just railroad yourself into touristy areas or did you actually explore and experience the region?

He probably boated there

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#54
Why do you think a programmer would be getting royalties from a video game product?
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: Eat Man

Eat Man
4 weeks ago#55
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

So trickle down economics doesn’t work?
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
4 weeks ago#56
kobalobasileus posted...
l337Bossman posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

So you’ve visited... one place... and you’re now a travel expert? I’ve lived in five states in the US, Indonesia, South Korea, France, and Austria and travelled to two dozen or so other countries and I’m not even an expert traveler. And no, watching PBS would in no way shape or form have been comparable to getting immersed in another culture.

I’m not trying to be a dick and travel is not for everyone. You have to be open minded and adventurous enough to get the most out of it. What you said was kind of ridiculous though, it would be like comparing a Burger King meal to a meal st the French Laundry.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 weeks ago#57
Eat Man posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

So trickle down economics doesn’t work?

Well, it does work, to an extent. Essentially the entire world economy is based on trickle down economics. But just like most other things, when taken to an extreme it causes problems.

Trickle down economics when the wealthy are distributing out their wealth and not hoarding most of the worlds wealth is pretty great, especially for functional meritocracy.

Trickle down economics when the wealthy are hoarding and sitting on their wealth causes problems.

The economy was much healthier when ceos were only making 5-20x what their lowest employees earned, since the average has jumped to 2000x+ it's gotten a little out of hand.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 weeks ago#58
l337Bossman posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
l337Bossman posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

So you’ve visited... one place... and you’re now a travel expert? I’ve lived in five states in the US, Indonesia, South Korea, France, and Austria and travelled to two dozen or so other countries and I’m not even an expert traveler. And no, watching PBS would in no way shape or form have been comparable to getting immersed in another culture.

I’m not trying to be a dick and travel is not for everyone. You have to be open minded and adventurous enough to get the most out of it. What you said was kind of ridiculous though, it would be like comparing a Burger King meal to a meal st the French Laundry.

I have a buddy who is the same way. Some people just prefer to turtle up. To each their own, I guess.

If I ended up in the multi millions my day to day probably wouldn't change a ton other than replacing work with a few more hobbies and/or greater pursuit of my current hobbies.

I might consider getting heavily involved in an industry I'm really passionate about, if I did the research and it tickled my fancy.

However, I most certainly would travel. I'm not talking 5 star hotels and resorts. But the back alley places that the locals go to. I love authentic, not kitsch/stereotypical travel. Getting to meet foreign people and having conversations with their "normal" people is a great experience, it's like reading the most vibrant books (to me). Street food and street markets also amaze me. Basically I'd wander around talking to people and eating all the local local foods.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 weeks ago#59
LaManoNeraII posted...
Why do you think a programmer would be getting royalties from a video game product?

His name was so big at the time it was worked into his contract so he wouldn't take his name and talents elsewhere.

It's like asking why David Grohl gets royalties for Nirvana songs when he was "just the drummer". Most drummers don't get that. He was an anomaly.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: fat dave

fat dave
4 weeks ago#60
Being that I'm a hermit who pretty much hates human company, in the unlikely event I were to make a massive amount of money I'd just probably lock myself up in here and do what I do on days off, except with a much better computer.

The only thing that I could think would change and may cause some financial difficulties is the inevitable extra outgoings I'd spend on weed.
Needs moar piledrivers.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just found out Squaresoft's main programmer retired in 1993.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived