This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
5 months ago#21
kingking posted...
Just save yourself from agony, and buy that wireless adapter.

This. Anyhow I don't get this disconnecting issues with my blutooth. Then again its built into the computer, so it probably doesn't get disconnects often if at all. I still go wired anyways just in case. This is with the DS4 by the way.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: NecroAether

NecroAether
5 months ago#22
I have massive bluetooth issues with the controller. That's why I just use with a USB cord. I don't have time to fiddle with the crappy bluetooth.
No conflict can ever be resolved by causing pain to another human being. - Madonna

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
5 months ago#23
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Yeah the bluetooth support for windows 10 sucks 6 dicks in a row. I watch the controller disconnect just a few minutes ago when my daughter was playing minecraft

That's going to be a 4 game suspension and a $2000 fine.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
5 months ago#24
Glad to hear the official adapter doesn't have problems like bluetooth does. Mine doesn't have connection issues, it's started double tapping buttons, but only over BT. Definitely gonna pickup the smaller MS adapter when it finally comes out. It's been like a year since it was first mentioned, hurry it up already.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: krome4284

krome4284
5 months ago#25
Orestes417 posted...
wildog2006 posted...
DeviousLight posted...
Not sure why you would use bluetooth when you could use this
https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Xbox-One-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B01M4NISMM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516524736&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+one+amazon

Because official xbox one s controllers go on sale for less than that?
Because tons of computers have BT built in?
Because 3rd party controllers almost universally have terrible analog sticks?
Because you're more than 3 meters from your computer?
Should I go on?

You forgot:
The money would be better spent on the actual Wireless dongle for the Xbox Controller.

Its looking like thats my best bet, but even still, I shouldnt have to buy the dongle for this thing to work as intended. Why even include bluetooth support on this thing if it wont work properly other than on the console?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 months ago#26
They can't quality control every bluetooth adapter on the planet. Some work better than others, some are complete garbage.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
5 months ago#27
krome4284 posted...
Am I the only one with an issue with this crappy controller? Every time I play street fighter, dark souls, forza, any of my emulators, I keep running into an issue where my controller will either

How can you play fighting game with a XBOX One Controller. It's beyond unplayable to a new level due to the clicky dpad.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: gideond

gideond
5 months ago#28
Mr kitty posted...
krome4284 posted...
Am I the only one with an issue with this crappy controller? Every time I play street fighter, dark souls, forza, any of my emulators, I keep running into an issue where my controller will either

How can you play fighting game with a XBOX One Controller. It's beyond unplayable to a new level due to the clicky dpad.

XBONE controller's D-pad is fine for the most part, at least on the newest BT enabled model, in which it was tweaked again over previous models. Much better than past MS controllers. It's not the best one on the market for fight games, but it's certainly usable. Probably the best commonly available controller for fight games is going to be the Wii U controller. The D-pad on that is better than the DS4. It hasn't been great on BT though. Just as unstable in my experience as the XBONE controllers.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
5 months ago#29
krome4284 posted...
I shouldnt have to buy the dongle for this thing to work as intended.

You don't. It's got a micro USB port for a reason...
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#30
Orestes417 posted...
They can't quality control every bluetooth adapter on the planet. Some work better than others, some are complete garbage.

And there's the matter of the Bluetooth stack itself in Windows.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived