This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

User Info: krome4284

krome4284
4 weeks ago#1
Am I the only one with an issue with this crappy controller? Every time I play street fighter, dark souls, forza, any of my emulators, I keep running into an issue where my controller will either:

A) every minute, not read any of my inputs, but keep doing what I last pressed. Ex. I will be walking forward down a hallway. I press left, but then nothing works except the forward button for a whole 5-10 seconds. This might not sound like a big deal, but it makes playing any game, except a turn-based rpg, IMPOSSIBLE. This one happens when directly connected to my pc.

B) All inputs from the controller stop and nothing works for 5-10 seconds. This one happens on the steam link for any game I play.

I will reconnect my X360 controller and that will work perfectly fine, I have tried to search for any drivers that are required for the controller, but none I could find except for some useless app that helped nothing on the windows store. I thought about getting a ps4 controller, but my brothers has its issues as well, so I wont bother with that. $60 wasted.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#2
Never had an issue here. Then again I don't use bluetooth either.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality
(message deleted)

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 weeks ago#4
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Yeah the bluetooth support for windows 10 sucks 6 dicks in a row.

loled hard at this
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: fearthisjuggalo

fearthisjuggalo
4 weeks ago#5
I've used a Recon Tech Xbox One S controller on my PC via bluetooth for 6 months. The only time I've ever had an issue, is when the batteries were about dead.
FFRK-ViolentD 5nB2 - Cid Raines Metamorphosis
FFBE-Godemus 185 220 814 - Luneth 968ATK

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#6
I only used corded controllers so I can't comment on the bluetooth support. It could possibly be the bluetooth adapter though..
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia
(message deleted)

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#8
Monopoman posted...
I only used corded controllers so I can't comment on the bluetooth support. It could possibly be the bluetooth adapter though..

Yeah really. not all bluetooth is created equal. Could also be interference.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Every1hasAids

Every1hasAids
4 weeks ago#9
Just save up and buy a wheel, brake acc, clutch etc. Way better than any controller.
Nintendo ID: Ronery084

User Info: darkhouse999

darkhouse999
4 weeks ago#10
I only use a wired controller, never have to worry about batteries, bad connection, or the like. Save yourself the headache TC and do the same.
current PC, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKKv2R
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The Xbox One S controller sucks on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived