This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get why some games can't be played on my laptop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't get why some games can't be played on my laptop

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#21
thegreatsquare posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
sfcalimari posted...
Nioh is really not optimized well. It's the only game that ran pretty sluggishly on my 970 at 1080p. It runs perfectly on my 1070 but I should not need a 1070 for a ps4 game.

Some games are just unoptimized. I get a few of them. Ones that are optimized I can see a 60 - 100fps at max settings at 1440p.

Nioh's Minimum GPU: Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 VRAM 3GB or over AMD Radeon™ R9 280 VRAM 3GB or over.

GPU req is high, makes me want to guess TC has a 1050/Ti in that Omen.

That speaks volumes about the quality of the port - you should not need a 780 bare minimum for a game that runs on the consoles, that's ludicrous.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#22
JKatarn posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
say it once, and only once. Laptops aren't usually meant for playing high end games. It takes a decent chunk of change to make it feasible.

That said, once they figure out liquid cooling in laptops we might see that change.

All the other games TC listed are pretty high-end - this has nothing to do with laptops and everything to do with Nioh being a subpar port - it simply demands more power than it should given its visuals.

PUBG is that way too. Why it runs like total ass on Xbox.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#23
captsplatter_1 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
say it once, and only once. Laptops aren't usually meant for playing high end games. It takes a decent chunk of change to make it feasible.

That said, once they figure out liquid cooling in laptops we might see that change.

All the other games TC listed are pretty high-end - this has nothing to do with laptops and everything to do with Nioh being a subpar port - it simply demands more power than it should given its visuals.

I'm always amused at people that seem fine with s*** out games and ports you have to bruteforce decent performance out of. If they were properly optimized, everyone would get better performance, not just the low-end.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#24
JKatarn posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Ivany2008 posted...

I'm always amused at people that seem fine with s*** out games and ports you have to bruteforce decent performance out of. If they were properly optimized, everyone would get better performance, not just the low-end.

Ya I don't doubt PUBG could run a consistant 30fps on consoles if ported properly. At least on the One X.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: jeox

jeox
3 months ago#25
GeForce GTx 1050

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

8 gigs ram

I’m running Nier Automata on high settings at 60fps as I type this. I didn’t turn on the fps for Nioh but it was like everything was is slomo. I assume not optimized well but still it was kinda surprising to see other games run so smooth and then that one just fail.
In a world that works to tear us apart from truth, at least video games bring us together.
PSN: AddyFatty. XBL:FuzzyMoLover

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#26
jeox posted...
GeForce GTx 1050

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

8 gigs ram

I’m running Nier Automata on high settings at 60fps as I type this. I didn’t turn on the fps for Nioh but it was like everything was is slomo. I assume not optimized well but still it was kinda surprising to see other games run so smooth and then that one just fail.

It could be, that Nioh uses the iGPU and not your gtx 1050.
Go to the 3d-settings in the Nvidia control panel. Select Nioh and force it to use the 1050.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
3 months ago#27
Silvererazor posted...
jeox posted...
GeForce GTx 1050

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

8 gigs ram

Go to the 3d-settings in the Nvidia control panel. Select Nioh and force it to use the 1050.

Can you not read? he said it runs @ 60fps in nier, its not using his integrated.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#28
iemerg_ posted...
Silvererazor posted...
jeox posted...
GeForce GTx 1050

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

8 gigs ram

Can you not read? he said it runs @ 60fps in nier, its not using his integrated.

You are obviously unaware, that there are games, which use the iGPU instead of the dedicated graphics card, if they are played on a laptop.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
3 months ago#29
jeox posted...
GeForce GTx 1050

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

8 gigs ram

I'm pretty sure a 1070 is pretty much the minimum to play Nioh at 1080p. Maybe a 1060. It was ok in some levels on my 970 but really choppy on others. Runs fine on the 1070 but still stutters a little here and there.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#30
He probably uses FAR mod and completely turned off global illumination in Nier. The laptop 1050 is only a little better than 750ti.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't get why some games can't be played on my laptop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived