This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
7 months ago#31
Born Lucky posted...
So , when Mike Tyson called someone a "white sissy" , he should have been banned from boxing.
Oh wait.
The guy was a white heterosexual - hate speech is allowed toward them.
Right liberals?

You do realize that was a different time right?

And for the record, not all liberals subscribe to groupthink. That's idiotic.
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
7 months ago#32
Orestes417 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It is reasonable because he directed the insult at another pro. If he was just streaming and said that to a random player and blizzard still felt like policing his stream, that would just be the regular nu-blizzard idiocy that made me move away from all their games.

Valve does not police anyone's stream and the pro scene has absolutely zero toxicity.

You know what happens if you're caught insulting another pro in real sports? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and possible ejection. There's no excuse for that s*** at a pro level and if games want to be taken seriously as such it needs to be dealt with harshly. Oh and f*** Valve and their half assing like... literally everything.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
7 months ago#33
I praise Valve for not policing private streams
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
7 months ago#34
Actually nobody polices anyone in Dota and there are no pros telling each other suck dicks or making bigoted comments.

I suppose since overwatch is much easier, a lot more people break into the pro scene and then you see these characters such as this QWC or whatever his handle is.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
7 months ago#35
I'm really curious who it is but don't wanna click the bait link.

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
7 months ago#36
Tyranius2 posted...
Actually nobody polices anyone in Dota and there are no pros telling each other suck dicks or making bigoted comments.

I suppose since overwatch is much easier, a lot more people break into the pro scene and then you see these characters such as this QWC or whatever his handle is.

It's primarily the FPS community s*** like this happens in. You'll occasionally see drama in the Fighter scene too, but that often is personal s*** between two people.

Well, LoL too but I mean... It's League of Legends, it's a festering cesspool of toxicity.

User Info: cleat76

cleat76
7 months ago#37
Are you saying athletes don't talk trash? Guess he shouldve said his bf thought he tasted like honey nut cheerios. The only time nfl/nba players get penalized for speech is out of game in press conferences or on twitter.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2014/zO9vqR.gif

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
7 months ago#38
cleat76 posted...
Are you saying athletes don't talk trash? Guess he shouldve said his bf thought he tasted like honey nut cheerios. The only time nfl/nba players get penalized for speech is out of game in press conferences or on twitter.

You're mistaken there. They get caught throwing out homophobic or racist slurs in game and they will get punished for it.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
7 months ago#39
Orestes417 posted...
cleat76 posted...

You're mistaken there. They get caught throwing out homophobic or racist slurs in game and they will get punished for it.

This. The NFL/NBA and the player would be in a PR s***storm if someone got caught throwing out a racial or homophobic slur during a game.

User Info: Yadxov

Yadxov
7 months ago#40
Characterizing something as "homophobic" is purely rhetorical and totally meaningless from a dialectical perspective. It's nonsensical for this guy to be fined for this. Blizzard has been severely converged by social justice and political correctness to the point of no return, it seems.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived