This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#11
Orestes417 posted...
You know what happens if you're caught insulting another pro in real sports? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and possible ejection. There's no excuse for that s*** at a pro level and if games want to be taken seriously as such it needs to be dealt with harshly. Oh and f*** Valve and their half assing like... literally everything.

Also lol at OP claiming "the pro scene has no toxicity", yeah semi-frequent reports would refute that, but then he is a troll and I blocked him long ago. Somebody commented below the article that the perpetrator's face says it all, and looking at that smug, self-satisfied face it really doesn't surprise me that he'd throw a fit when his delusional "I'm the greatest" bubble was burst.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
4 months ago#12
Lol... e-sports. I don't even know why I'm going to respond to this. I don't watch or care about this s***, and I think it's just a big joke anyways.

But, this looks pretty minor to me. I mean, it sounds like the gay guy started the whole thing with the personal shot first, after they swept the other team. Why throw out some personal shot like that? Act like a winner and a class act. I think what the gay guy did was worse. Significantly worse.

I definitely wouldn't call what the one guy said homophobic either. I'm okay with the fine, but I think the suspension is way to harsh.

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
4 months ago#13
ImaPC posted...
Lol... e-sports. I don't even know why I'm going to respond to this. I don't watch or care about this s***, and I think it's just a big joke anyways.

But, this looks pretty minor to me. I mean, it sounds like the gay guy started the whole thing with the personal shot first, after they swept the other team. Why throw out some personal shot like that? Act like a winner and a class act. I think what the gay guy did was worse. Significantly worse.

I definitely wouldn't call what the one guy said homophobic either. I'm okay with the fine, but I think the suspension is way to harsh.

I mean, if an NFL player or any other professional... anything said something similar, they'd likely be fined and put out a few games. In non-entertainment fields you'd likely just be fired or suspended as well.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 months ago#14
Orestes417 posted...
You know what happens if you're caught insulting another pro in real sports? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and possible ejection.

Uhm.. so you're agreeing with me? I did say the decision was reasonable. I said it would be stupid if he had said that about some random player during his stream.

JKatarn posted...
"the pro scene has no toxicity", yeah semi-frequent reports would refute that

It literally has no toxicity. What you may be thinking of is drama which is something completely different. There is no name-calling, no "ez game" or anything of the sort in Dota's competitive scene. Nobody had to police people's streams to achieve that.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 months ago#15
"Go back there, suck a fat cock. I mean, he would like that."

Do gay people not like sucking cock? Seems more like a statement of fact than an insult.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
4 months ago#16
R_Jackal posted...
ImaPC posted...

I mean, if an NFL player or any other professional... anything said something similar, they'd likely be fined and put out a few games. In non-entertainment fields you'd likely just be fired or suspended as well.

I don't think so. If they publicly said what this Overwatch guy said, they would get a fine. Maybe, and big maybe they would get a game, and that depends on who said it. It was pretty minor what was said. No way do I view it as homophobic, and it's just something for the overly sensitive to get offended about. The comment would have also never been made if the guy had acted like winner and class act to begin with.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#17
Tyranius2 posted...
I said it would be stupid if he had said that about some random player during his stream.

That would be the part I'm disagreeing with.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
4 months ago#18
He should've been perma banned from Overwatch, esports overwatch and from twitch.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
4 months ago#19
Off with his head!
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#20
Two players are pieces of s***, both openly insult one another, but only the one that uses a sexual insult gets in trouble. Pathetic half assed punishment system, clearly only monitoring publicity issues.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived