This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

User Info: LordCooler

LordCooler
7 months ago#1
http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-league-pro-suspended-for-homophobic-insult-against-opponent/

He lost to a gay player and proceeded to insult that person while streaming. This resulted in a suspension of four games and $2000 fine.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
7 months ago#2
Good. 'Pros' should be held to a higher expectation than the general populace. They are like it or not rolemodels for some people. Trump was a mistake.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Fony

Fony
7 months ago#3
I'm cool with it. No matter what you do, the word "professional" has to mean something.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
7 months ago#4
It's almost as if there are consequences to your actions or something.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
7 months ago#5
It is reasonable because he directed the insult at another pro. If he was just streaming and said that to a random player and blizzard still felt like policing his stream, that would just be the regular nu-blizzard idiocy that made me move away from all their games.

Valve does not police anyone's stream and the pro scene has absolutely zero toxicity.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: loader963

loader963
7 months ago#6
Well the dude he was talking about was gay, so why was it a big deal? If someone told me that he bet that I’d like to motorboat a playboy bunny, I’d be like, “So?”.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
7 months ago#7
Is this the same dude who was suspended by Twitch before, and then Overwatch League still picked up this human garbage anyway?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
7 months ago#8
Tyranius2 posted...
It is reasonable because he directed the insult at another pro. If he was just streaming and said that to a random player and blizzard still felt like policing his stream, that would just be the regular nu-blizzard idiocy that made me move away from all their games.

Valve does not police anyone's stream and the pro scene has absolutely zero toxicity.

You know what happens if you're caught insulting another pro in real sports? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and possible ejection. There's no excuse for that s*** at a pro level and if games want to be taken seriously as such it needs to be dealt with harshly. Oh and f*** Valve and their half assing like... literally everything.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#9
loader963 posted...
Well the dude he was talking about was gay, so why was it a big deal? If someone told me that he bet that I’d like to motorboat a playboy bunny, I’d be like, “So?”.

So by that logic if you're playing against someone who's black/latino/asian/mexican it's perfectly ok to fling racial slurs at them because they're the target race?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
7 months ago#10
About time. Professional gamers was a pretty worthless title by and large because a good chunk were still toxic idiots. Hope this becomes a thing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Overwatch pro suspended for homophobic remarks in his stream

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived