This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How toxic is Overwatch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How toxic is Overwatch?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 months ago#31
Judgmenl posted...

I haven't played League since like 2012 but even then I was in one of the lowest brackets (I haven't played since Elo was a thing). I doubt that I could pick the game up if I were to start playing it again, so you're probably not missing much. That community is already established and I probably wouldn't get into it if I were you.

This was years and years ago, not long after the mandatory bot matches were introduced. I had some RL friends asking me to play with them but the general community was just such a massive turnoff that I quit basically immediately once it started living up to its reputation.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 months ago#32
Oh yeah, people get salty, myself included.

We can't say too much though since Blizzard is pretty much babying the community with these silly anti-toxicity rules.

...Though some of the s*** I've said, I have to wonder how many f***ing reports it takes to get banned, or even muted, because I've been playing since launch and I'm not part of that club yet.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
2 months ago#33
Yadxov posted...
Not toxic at all. This nonsense is really getting over-the-top.

Objectively false.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#34
Casual you can do whatever you want, only a few will complain.

In comp if you don't go meta people will b**** and moan and throw games without giving things a chance. I've won comp matches with 5 dps and a healer, the entire match one of the DPS were moaning we need a tank but refused to swap.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
2 months ago#35
johnny_pay posted...
Casual you can do whatever you want, only a few will complain.

In comp if you don't go meta people will b**** and moan and throw games without giving things a chance. I've won comp matches with 5 dps and a healer, the entire match one of the DPS were moaning we need a tank but refused to swap.

Because Overwatch absorbed the League of Legends "forced meta" playerbase so those players expect to play with what they perceive as the meta. Its only going to get worse.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#36
wizardmon posted...
whereas higher ranking games tend to have more people that can provide actually constructive criticisms.

Not true. Its at all levels.

Its a competitive multiplayer game where players need to pick select roles and form a coherent compositions to win. When you solo q and are paired with 5 other random individuals what do you think is going to happen?

I enjoy Overwatch. I probably have 1500+ hours clocked into that game, made it to mid masters, but sometimes the game itself is too much to bear after a competitive session where I won't touch the game for multiple days.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How toxic is Overwatch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived