This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How toxic is Overwatch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How toxic is Overwatch?

User Info: Mute_Guardian7

Mute_Guardian7
5 months ago#11
It's far from the worst as long as you stay the f*** away from competitive play.
| Windows 10 | i5 4590 | GTX 950 | 8GB RAM |
https://imgur.com/DJtS67R https://imgur.com/Z3zs8Os http://imgur.com/vbFoT2F

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
5 months ago#12
As toxic as every other pvp game.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
5 months ago#13
darkmaian23 posted...
I haven't played much, but it hasn't been too bad from what I've seen.

Edavy89 posted...
It's an online game, so of course there is a lot of salt. Anonymity is the father of toxicity. That said, I'd say no game comes even remotely close to the toxicity of league.

Go play Black Desert Online and then try saying that.

I did play BDO, but it's just a terrible game in general. I couldn't possibly be bothered to stick around long enough for the community to actually matter.

User Info: bob742omb

bob742omb
5 months ago#14
it can get pretty toxic. it can range from the other team dropping a taunt, "lol that was ez" to people launching personal insults at you. on the other hand, there are some pretty fun and awesome people that you can run into too.

like any social situation, you're gonna meet great people, you're gonna meet not-so-great people, and you're gonna meet people in between. it's just how it is.

User Info: polopili

polopili
5 months ago#15
I recently started Rainbow Six Siege and found it to be much worse than overwatch. I'm about to turn off voice chat for good since most players I meet are kids with squeaky voices.

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
5 months ago#16
It's comically bad. Just turn off all chat and mute voice.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
5 months ago#17
Any interest I had in Overwatch before it launched was killed the moment I saw how bad that community was. It was toxic within the first few days.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
5 months ago#18
Not as bad as a lot of other online games, but also worse than a lot of people are willing to admit.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
5 months ago#19
Overwatch is best played on full mute unless you find enjoyment out of toxicity.

Despite popular belief, the game is fully playable as a team game without heavy coordination. You get s*** games but its SO much less bad than something like League of Legends.

Of course its best enjoyed if you can make friends and stick with them, thats always going to be true of any team games. But if you're avoiding Overwatch for toxicity, just say it right away that you have zero interest in any team-based multiplayer games, because they will never be different unless they have a tiny population.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: Joninkinma

Joninkinma
5 months ago#20
Picks hanzo.

Gets called the n word and rape threats from everyone in chat.

Gets mass reported and banned for playing hanzo.

Community is fine. Non toxic.
Doesn't matter what I do. I can Run, Jump or Roll... The Grenade just grows legs and chases me down! ~Jengymae
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How toxic is Overwatch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived