This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

User Info: Villain

Villain
7 months ago#21
Lisa
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formerly known as Will VIIII

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
7 months ago#22
Get Pathologic Classic HD, it's a hardcore survival game in a town that's being devoured by plague, it's more hardcore than a roguelike and reminds me of Planescape Torment.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
7 months ago#23
vlado_e posted...
Not post-apocalyptic but The Long Dark. Your plane crashes around some deserted town in Canada and you have to survive the cold of the winter.

thanks!

User Info: Jeine

Jeine
6 months ago#24
Somato posted...
You said "no more Fallout games" but literally described Fallout 4 with what you want.

it's not a Point and Click or Pixel hunt
It's an action RPG (barely an RPG)
It's open world
And it has crafting

But it's your choice

I know, but I find hard to believe, let alone, enjoy, games where you can get unlimited food, energy and clean water by building stuff in a half of an hour.
ablerider posted...
Jeine posted...
Than you everyone for your efforts and suggestions. Unfortunately, all the games that were suggested are either about zombies (don't like games about zombies), turn-based, or buggy early access stuff.
If somebody played The Long Dark --does it match my criteria?

Hmm... NieR is none of that but ok.

It's way too futuristic for my liking. Iw as thinking about today's world after an apocalypse, without sci-fi or fantasy elements.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
6 months ago#25
Jeine posted...
I find hard to believe, let alone, enjoy, games where you can get unlimited food, energy and clean water by building stuff in a half of an hour.

If you got a problem with that then this will knock your socks off. :-D

#1. When playing on Survival you get thirsty in the rain, even when it's pouring hard enough to just cup your hands and get a good drink after half a minute.

#2. Ground water is inexplicably radioactive as hell, even when it's clear that it can only be replenished by the rains because it isn't fed by a stream or spring, but rain water isn't radioactive. The ground turns the water radioactive somehow, but it does so without visible sources or being radioactive enough to set off your Pip-Boy.

#3. You can't sleep more than 3 hours straight in the most comfortable sleeping bag in the game on Survival.

#4. If you spend 48 hours straight sleeping in a sleeping bag, waking up every 3 hours to re-sleep and eating/drinking as necessary, you'll end up utterly exhausted on Survival even though sleeping 6-7 hours in a normal bed, even a bed that looks so nasty it wouldn't be used in the worst brothel in eastern Europe and will probably crawl away the moment you get off of it, is enough to be "Well Rested."

#5. Drinking water when you're thirsty replenishes health, but eating food when you're hungry doesn't.

#6. Eating raw meat actively advances the sickness mechanics on Survival, but eating raw fruit and vegetables, especially "wild" foods such as mutfruit and corn, won't advance the sickness mechanics.

#7. The hazmat suit is air-tight enough to reduce any radiation damage to less than 1 rad/s, but you can't breath underwater in it despite it having oxygen tanks that are apparently functional as evidence by the rad reduction. On the other hand you can breath underwater in a suit of power armor even though power armor has no visible source of oxygen for you to breath.

#8. In addition to all the food/water issues you mention, you can construct a decontamination arch just as soon as you can get 4 units of fiber-optics, a device that pretty much eliminates the penalty/fear of radiation in Fallout 4.

#9. Power armor is built like a two-legged battle tank and billed that way, but under Survival's mechanics even the second best armor with the second best defense upgrade feels tissue thin, not only in terms of how fast pieces degrade, especially to small arms fire, but also in terms of how much health damage you take while the armor piece(s) are still functional.

#10. If you visit certain areas of the game at certain times they'll magically have better items. Power armor goes from T-45 up to X-01, even though X-01's supposed to be super-rare prototype stuff, you'll find a railway rifle in a place where before level 15 or 25 you'll find nothing, and even combat or assault rifles will be found laying around in buildings where 5 levels earlier you'd find nothing at all.

I like the game myself, but sometimes it makes me want to /facedesk.

____

Also, granted it's turn-based and also granted it's "old school" or "retro," but Breath of Death VII is a fun, if short but cheap, post-apocalyptic game.

There's also a Shannara game on PC which would be post-apocalyptic, but it was released in 1995.

Also, the Shadowrun games are probably post-apocalyptic, at least technically, given that an apocalypse doesn't necessarily need to almost completely wipe out all life.

Can't really think of anything in the Mad Max style of "near future, post apocalypse." Hell, Hellgate: London might not be your cup of tea given that it offers some "high tech" components as well as magic/fantasy components.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Jeine

Jeine
6 months ago#26
Marikhen posted...

Thanks a lot for writing such a detailed answer. I could probably try Fallout 4 on survival.
If talking about ideal game, Metro series would qualify, if it had open world, more RPG elements and crafting.

User Info: Somato

Somato
6 months ago#27
Jeine posted...
Somato posted...
You said "no more Fallout games" but literally described Fallout 4 with what you want.

It's open world
And it has crafting

But it's your choice

I know, but I find hard to believe, let alone, enjoy, games where you can get unlimited food, energy and clean water by building stuff in a half of an hour.

so play survival mode
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#28
Marikhen posted...
Also, the Shadowrun games are probably post-apocalyptic, at least technically, given that an apocalypse doesn't necessarily need to almost completely wipe out all life.

Was there an apocalypse event in Shadowrun? I'm not very familiar with the metastory, I though it was sort of "rapid evolution", if you will, when one age ends and the other one starts bringing magic back and with it all the trolls, dwarves, etc. Then that mixes with cyberpunk as big corporations and tech (in Shadowrun's case "and magic") ruin people's lives and you're there.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
6 months ago#29
Dying Light
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#30
Somato posted...
Jeine posted...
Somato posted...

It's open world
And it has crafting

But it's your choice

so play survival mode

Just needs a camping set so you can sleep on a bed to save.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived