This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
6 months ago#11
Wasteland 2: Directors Cut
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#12
Jeine posted...
If somebody played The Long Dark --does it match my criteria?

Maybe. It's more of a survival game, though - you have to scavenge for resources like medical supplies and clothes, you then need to hunt for food and prepare it. All the while, you have to keep yourself from freezing to death or dying from wounds (that can get infected) or diseases.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Somato

Somato
6 months ago#13
You said "no more Fallout games" but literally described Fallout 4 with what you want.

it's not a Point and Click or Pixel hunt
It's an action RPG (barely an RPG)
It's open world
And it has crafting

But it's your choice
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#14
Metal Gear Survive comes out next month.

Don't Starve
7 Days to Die (also multiplayer)
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
6 months ago#15
Jeine posted...
Than you everyone for your efforts and suggestions. Unfortunately, all the games that were suggested are either about zombies (don't like games about zombies), turn-based, or buggy early access stuff.
If somebody played The Long Dark --does it match my criteria?

Hmm... NieR is none of that but ok.

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
6 months ago#16
if Zombies count, the following games:
Dead Island series
Left 4 Dead series
Zombie Shooter series

l337Bossman posted...
Spec Ops: The Line

don't think that game is post-apocalyptic. at least in the traditional sense. pretty sure the setting is in the Dubai desert.

vlado_e
6 months ago#17
knightauthor posted...
don't think that game is post-apocalyptic. at least in the traditional sense.

Well, there was a storm, so it's not JUST a desert, it was also hit bad by storm and war...but yeah, not an apocalypse in any measure. I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the only one that truly straddles the line as it's not an apocalypse that happened, it was a localised disaster, but you never see anything outside of The Zone and that, itself, is pretty bad and fits with most of what you'd see in post-apocalypse world.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#18
knightauthor posted...
if Zombies count, the following games:
Dead Island series
Left 4 Dead series
Zombie Shooter series

l337Bossman posted...
Spec Ops: The Line

don't think that game is post-apocalyptic. at least in the traditional sense. pretty sure the setting is in the Dubai desert.

After an extreme sand storm. But ya, not post-apoclyptic.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
6 months ago#19
vlado_e posted...
Well, there was a storm, so it's not JUST a desert, it was also hit bad by storm and war...but yeah, not an apocalypse in any measure. I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the only one that truly straddles the line as it's not an apocalypse that happened, it was a localised disaster, but you never see anything outside of The Zone and that, itself, is pretty bad and fits with most of what you'd see in post-apocalypse world.

captsplatter_1 posted...
After an extreme sand storm. But ya, not post-apoclyptic.

your two posts makes me want a post apocalyptic game set in Canada where the catalyst was a freak blizzard. dunno if it's a nuclear winter blizzard or a normal one, but all I know is it involves huge hail at least the size of basketballs if not station wagons.

vlado_e
6 months ago#20
knightauthor posted...
your two posts makes me want a post apocalyptic game set in Canada where the catalyst was a freak blizzard.

Not post-apocalyptic but The Long Dark. Your plane crashes around some deserted town in Canada and you have to survive the cold of the winter.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'd like to ask for post-apocalyptic games suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived