This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
5 months ago#41
Only played Felghana, did the series devolve into some sort of party based JRPG?
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
5 months ago#42
Tyranius2 posted...
Only played Felghana, did the series devolve into some sort of party based JRPG?

Yes
ys 7&4 remake&8 uses the party power of friendship system.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
5 months ago#43
It's been a while since I played 8, but you control one character at a time out of three to switch (wpn/wk types). I felt wpn type to enemy was more important in 7 even though 7 offered some sort of "all" type wpn endgame.

8's great though. Some of the S ranks for defense battles were a bit too touchy in what you had to do (almost punitive for doing things that would seem to increase your rank more like slaughtering quickly, but designed to reward chains/combos/element matches instead)

I wasn't crazy about the long sections of past time breakaways (they weren't bad) , was always throwing my comfort with the mechanics off balance.

I've only played 7,8, and 1-2 old ones on gog.

They may have botched the pc port to god knows what end, but the game itself isn't messed up at all. It's one of the better rpgs to come out of Japan for a while.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived