This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

User Info: NEMESIS 00039

NEMESIS 00039
6 months ago#11
they are adding denuvo

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
6 months ago#12
This is what happens when Falcom goes with NISA instead of XSEED and they should learn from these mistakes.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
6 months ago#13
hardy3786 posted...
Sorry for ignorant question, but how's NISA being incompetent? I really liked their Disgaea 1 and 2 PC ports.

The Disgaea 1 and 2 ports were also a total joke. They had to receive a massive fan patch to work correctly, which kind of defeats the point of being easier than loading them up on an emulator. They crashed to desktop regularly and were poorly programmed. A proper port would have had enhanced character art too. They looked blurry and muddy, unfitting for a PC release and potentially turning people off from the Disgaea franchise when stuff like Disgaea 5 looks so much better. They should have started from newest to oldest, not the other way around. The only way you can get the best version of Disgaea 4 is STILL the PS Vita.

Also, NISA was incompetent even in their previous console games. The English version of Witch and the Hundred Knight on PS3 is wracked by a constant crash bug that they never patched, and just abandoned the game. The Guided Fate Paradox is a little better but still had some crashes.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
6 months ago#14
NEMESIS 00039 posted...
they are adding denuvo

its on GOG so no they are not.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
6 months ago#15
Will probably just launch alongside the Switch version at this point.
Alexis Sanchez Is Pissing Off To United And I'm So Depressed
Honk For Ponk

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
6 months ago#16
Denuvo is coming, probably... :/

Then again, the game is on GOG too, soo...

Censorship is coming, probably. ¬¬
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: ShadosAtPhoenix

ShadosAtPhoenix
6 months ago#17
Amakusa posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Wow...GG

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/19/ys-viiis-pc-version-delayed-time-indefinitely/
http://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1647623139647481008

I think these kinds of games I personally prefer playing on the go eventually, but sucks for those waiting for this port.

If it wasn't also coming to the Switch I would've thrown a fit.

Same. I really wanted it for PC, but for anything where graphics/framerate doesn't matter too much, if it's on the Switch, I'll get it there. My mind was already set before this, so it's all good. Silly situation though.

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
6 months ago#18
Death_Born posted...

Also, NISA was incompetent even in their previous console games. The English version of Witch and the Hundred Knight on PS3 is wracked by a constant crash bug that they never patched, and just abandoned the game. The Guided Fate Paradox is a little better but still had some crashes.

It runs even further back then that. I think the last release they had without some significant issue was, like, Mana Khemia.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#19
From the article it sounds like they designed the game around the PS4 architecture and are having framerate issues on PC because of that. It seems sensible to take the extra time to modify the core code to work well on PCs. I'd rather wait a little while for a competent port than pay full price for something that's going to run like crap on all but the top-end PCs (not that I'm interested in this particular game, just in general). This is also yet another counter-point to all those people claiming "the PS4/XB1 are x86 now, so ports should be trivial" - the instruction set the CPUs use is just one piece of the puzzle, the consoles are still very different architecturally.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
6 months ago#20
The PS4 version isn't even a locked 60fps despite being nothing but a res bump of the Vita version.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived