This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
4 weeks ago#1
Wow...GG

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/19/ys-viiis-pc-version-delayed-time-indefinitely/
http://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1647623139647481008

I think these kinds of games I personally prefer playing on the go eventually, but sucks for those waiting for this port.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: MangorushZ__

MangorushZ__
4 weeks ago#2
Oh well, hopefully Ys Memories pf Celesta will come to PC to hold us over until Ys VIII is release

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
4 weeks ago#3
NISA has been incompetent for a while now so it's not very surprising to see them staying the course. Hopefully Falcom doesn't give them anything else to f*** up.
Hi

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
4 weeks ago#4
Sorry for ignorant question, but how's NISA being incompetent? I really liked their Disgaea 1 and 2 PC ports.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#5
If you read the article they are delaying it because the port to PC is clearly not up to the quality they want. Way better that they do something like that then release some half-ass broken port and then maybe give us a patch a few months down the line. Looks like they will have to modify the core programming to get it to run at an acceptable level on PC.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
4 weeks ago#6
hardy3786 posted...
Sorry for ignorant question, but how's NISA being incompetent? I really liked their Disgaea 1 and 2 PC ports.

Waited until a couple weeks prior to initial release do a beta. Beta full of problems. Announced at the last minute that the game is delayed.

Supposedly did work in the 4 months after the first delay. Announced the PC release will coincide with their "unf*** our lazy localization" patch at the end of this month.

Again waited until a couple weeks prior to release to do a beta. Again delayed after beta still full of problems. In the announcement of the delay they admit to not actually doing anything to make the game work on PC (seems they were trying to brute force it) and that they're giving it to a new developer at the end of the month to work on. Dunno if that means another in house developer or someone else altogether.
Hi

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
4 weeks ago#7
It's going to have a market value of $20 tops by the time it exists. Bet they don't get hired to localize anything for them ever again.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
4 weeks ago#8
lol at unf*** their own localisation. To be fair, their latest PC ports was quite decent tho, nowhere near incompetent. Except for this game lmao

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 weeks ago#9
Chaos_Missile posted...
Wow...GG

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/19/ys-viiis-pc-version-delayed-time-indefinitely/
http://steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1647623139647481008

I think these kinds of games I personally prefer playing on the go eventually, but sucks for those waiting for this port.

If it wasn't also coming to the Switch I would've thrown a fit.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 weeks ago#10
hardy3786 posted...

this is the 3rd delay,
first delay was after ppl played the beta and they announced the pc ver delay
on the same release day,

now they did that again after ppl tested the 2nd beta
and announced the delay 2 weeks later.....aka 10 days before release

"As the PC version of the game was originally envisioned as a port, we avoided touching the core programming as much as possible and focused on PC performance optimization. However, in light of the feedback of those who have participated in the second beta test, we have concluded that we cannot avoid modifying the core programming."
So apparently, they fail to understand that, in order to make a 'good' pc port they HAVE to modify the core system so that the game will be compatible to run on PC instead of PS4, that's what a 'port' is. But instead they think they can just toss the game on an emulator or something and the game will be fine with a few optimization. Really speaks a lot for their competence.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ys VIII PC Port delayed indefinitely

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived