This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is 800 bucks a good price for a new 1080 ti?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is 800 bucks a good price for a new 1080 ti?

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
4 weeks ago#11
Ghost_Turtle posted...
1080ti's b4 the price spike was going for what, $700-800? They now temporarily range from $1300-1500? I'd say this a pretty sweet in-the-moment deal.

Same.

I got the strix ti for $850 like five months ago, even in good times $800 is a good price for the zotac model - I remember seeing it around that same price back then.
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

User Info: PIITB415

PIITB415
4 weeks ago#12
I'm so glad i bought my 1080ti msi/Corsair AIO when I first came out. Ridiculous how expensive they are now.
http://i.imgur.com/VawbBVM.gif
http://i.imgur.com/6Si4h.gif

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
4 weeks ago#13
That's close enough to the official price that I'd say its good. Great when you take into account the current spike in GPU prices.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
4 weeks ago#14
I managed to grab mine at £720, two days later they shot up to £840 and now they are going for around a grand!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
4 weeks ago#15
Ghost_Turtle posted...
1080ti's b4 the price spike was going for what, $700-800? They now temporarily range from $1300-1500? I'd say this a pretty sweet in-the-moment deal.

That doesn't sound right because you can order a Titan Xp direct from the Nvidia store for less than that.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#16
Considering the prices now, ya. Its only $100 over MSRP. You typically see them going for well over a grand now.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ShadosAtPhoenix

ShadosAtPhoenix
4 weeks ago#17
BrokenMachine85 posted...
In the UK we pay 20% VAT (value added tax) which is included in the price. In the USA you pay per state and after the value of the product at the checkout or something odd like that though don't you.

Correct, but some states have zero tax at all, and most states have much less than 20%. eg: 6.25 in Mass, 4 to 8.9%ish in NY depending on where you are, none in Delaware, etc. And depending where you order from if you buy online you can "dodge" it (you're supposed to declare it on your income tax, but almost nobody does)

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#18
So ya TC I would snag it before it goes out of stock.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#19
captsplatter_1 posted...
So ya TC I would snag it before it goes out of stock.

Agreed.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: CRANKTHAT

CRANKTHAT
4 weeks ago#20
f*** no, the highest end graphics cards where like $249 on release date a decade ago
He Will Not Divide Us
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is 800 bucks a good price for a new 1080 ti?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived