This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games that will show me the power of the PC and wow me?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good games that will show me the power of the PC and wow me?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#21
JKatarn posted...
fallen_acolyte posted...
Boge posted...
ManuKesna posted...
it felt like it has a constant lag or something. Iw as in shocked how much better the pc version was.

That's the difference between 30fps and 60+. It makes a world of difference. It's one of those things that you don't realize is so great until you have it. Then you never want to go back.

only if you're silly...

He's right though - I'm sure most people would prefer the input response/smoothness of 60+ FPS to 30. That doesn't mean 30 is unplayable (I've played and enjoyed BoTW on my Wii-U and that exhibits frequent dips below 30, and into the sub 20's in many towns), but 60+ is always preferable.

Some game genres 60 is a requirment.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 months ago#22
There's no PC killer app that will amaze you like Uncharted 4.
Next best thing, however, are ports like Witcher 3 and GTA V in my opinion. When you max everything and see it in action, it's amazing.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#23
Tekken9292 posted...
Next best thing, however, are Witcher 3 and GTA V in my opinion.

Just don't do ultra grass on GTA V, that will halve your framerate.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 months ago#24
captsplatter_1 posted...
Tekken9292 posted...

Just don't do ultra grass on GTA V, that will halve your framerate.

My PC is pretty old these days, but I had grass on, too. Dropped to 25fps in the countryside sometimes, but otherwise my framerate was in 50-70. I'd imagine TC can afford to keep grass on.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
6 months ago#25
Tekken9292 posted...

Star Citizen is easily the most amazing game in existence, even in alpha. Their technology in basically every area is unmatched by any other studio in the industry

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#26
Rand_Aybara posted...
Tekken9292 posted...

Star Citizen is easily the most amazing game in existence, even in alpha. Their technology in basically every area is unmatched by any other studio in the industry

Requires 6+ core CPU for optimimum settings. My computer matches recommended. However I don't care for the game since it looks to be a money pit for me. Another game I would have issues running would be ARK PARK, I only meet minimum settings due to the 6+ core CPU again. But I don't have a VR set and I also don't care for the game. So looks like I'm good.

Rand_Aybara
6 months ago#27
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
Tekken9292 posted...

Requires 6+ core CPU for optimimum settings. My computer matches recommended. However I don't care for the game since it looks to be a money pit for me. Another game I would have issues running would be ARK PARK, but I don't have a VR set and I also don't care for the game. So looks like I'm good.

I've spent $35 on it, haven't felt the need to spend another penny. Aside from the ship that I own, I can fly rented ships earned with in-game money in 3.0 and 3.1 (coming out at the end of March, they've changed their update model and are just releasing what is ready every three months instead of delaying updates) is planned to add in-game purchasable ships, not just rentable ones.

Regardless, the TC is asking for a game to show off what PCs are capable of. Nothing does that better than Star Citizen. It's probably the only game in existence that just straight up isn't possible on the current consoles. Squadron 42 might be possible on the Xbox One X but Microsoft won't allow games to only run on that system. Some of the bigger ships are made up of more polygons than entire levels in Uncharted 4

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#28
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
Tekken9292 posted...

Requires 6+ core CPU for optimimum settings. My computer matches recommended. However I don't care for the game since it looks to be a money pit for me. Another game I would have issues running would be ARK PARK, but I don't have a VR set and I also don't care for the game. So looks like I'm good.

I've spent $35 on it, haven't felt the need to spend another penny. Aside from the ship that I own, I can fly rented ships earned with in-game money in 3.0 and 3.1 (coming out at the end of March, they've changed their update model and are just releasing what is ready every three months instead of delaying updates) is planned to add in-game purchasable ships, not just rentable ones.

Regardless, the TC is asking for a game to show off what PCs are capable of. Nothing does that better than Star Citizen. It's probably the only game in existence that just straight up isn't possible on the current consoles. Squadron 42 might be possible on the Xbox One X but Microsoft won't allow games to only run on that system. Some of the bigger ships are made up of more polygons than entire levels in Uncharted 4

No I know, Star Citizen is like Crysis of today. Although ARK PARK has a higher spec requirement. But still, its a VR game and VR games typically have a higher requirement.

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
6 months ago#29
Tekken9292 posted...
Next best thing, however, are ports like Witcher 3 and GTA V in my opinion. When you max everything and see it in action, it's amazing.

What? Uncharted 4 isn't even good.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

Rand_Aybara
6 months ago#30
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
Tekken9292 posted...

No I know, Star Citizen is like Crysis of today. Although ARK PARK has a higher spec requirement. But still, its a VR game and VR games typically have a higher requirement.

Star Citizen isn't a VR game, they do have VR support planned at some point but it isn't being designed around it. They haven't released requirements for it either, but it's recommended by the players to have 32GB of RAM, a new i7/Ryzen 7 and a 1070/Vega 56 or better for 1080p. Also as stated there is no reason to spend more than the minimum amount to buy the game unless you want to help fund development.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good games that will show me the power of the PC and wow me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived