This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 weeks ago#71
You can't just lock out mining. GPUs are used for more than just gaming and mining. If you go around disabling functionality, you're going to hit legitimate uses and piss people off.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: strat10

strat10
4 weeks ago#72
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Limit 1 GPU per recorded Credit Card & Actual Matching ID's across all stores every 7 weeks

That would slow down mining sales significantly and create enough inconvenience.

2 GPUs per month is fair and also online accounts have order history so easy to see person already got 1080ti from other brands. SLI users shouldn't be left out.

I'm aware that ideas it wouldn't stop miners going other stores but again they would have to go around search. I don't care if they drive 1000 miles to get a pair of 1080 ti. Just let them. lol

I think about stores too not just the customers. So adding all those fancy background check would cost time and money. Don't be selfish.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#73
Is this real? I mean they are a business after all an for them to limit GPU sales makes no sense
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
4 weeks ago#74
Fade2black001 posted...
Is this real? I mean they are a business after all an for them to limit GPU sales makes no sense

Lots of legitimate businesses will limit quantities of a hot item if it will guarantee repeat customers because they were able to demonstrate to first-timers or those that are still on-the-fence that they can find what brought them into their store to start with. If their defining experience is "the item I want to buy is always out of stock here," then I doubt they will ever return to that store.

If you want to buy large quantities of an item in high demand, go find a distributor willing to take your order directly, not a retail store that may have limited stock and thus have to place limits on purchases to ensure as many people as possible are served.
Hmm...

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 weeks ago#75
tearast posted...
Zalibidas posted...
tearast posted...
The average BTC miner is MUCH richer than the average gamer. Nvidia in reality PREFERS BTC miners.

No, they don't. When the core audiance they are targeting can not buy their cards, it only stands to hurt them long term. This dumb fake currency nonsense will eventually die and customer loyalty will have dropped off as a result, hurting them in the end. I'm sure they know this too... thats why they are trying to limit cards to miners somehow.

"fake currency"

You obviously don't understand even the most basics of economics. @ me with this ignorance one more time and I'll be adding you to my ignore list.

Well considering you can't go into a store and use Bitcoin, it's currently a useless currency and the guy is correct.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived