This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#21
We speak like we gamers have a choice. The miners can and will buy all the cards and theres nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to pay the high price.

We are going no where, we need gaming gpus. Theres no alternative. Its like a cigarette addict buying cigarettes.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
1 month ago#22
Cobra1010 posted...
We speak like we gamers have a choice. The miners can and will buy all the cards and theres nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to pay the high price.

We are going no where, we need gaming gpus. Theres no alternative. Its like a cigarette addict buying cigarettes.

Nah, they could enforce limits no gamer is out there looking for twenty 1070's it's pretty obvious by the contents of their digital shopping cart which ones are miners. I guess some of those buying twenty of them might also be scalpers looking to sell them to miners for an inflated price. Something like a 2 or 3 card limit every week or something like that...

Also keep in mind that there is a limit to anyone's spending here I mean I was lucky enough to buy my 1070 before the spike I might look at other alternatives if I was looking at a 800-900 dollar 1070 if I was forced to buy one today. I sure as f*** won't "pay any price" to have a gaming level PC, especially when I am asked to pay nearly triple for a card after its been on the market for a year or so. Even people that make 200-300k a year and have very few commitments on their spending might scoff at paying that much of a markup for something like that.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#23
They know enough not to kill their milk cows for quick meat. If gamers don't nvidia, it opens the door for the other fella. It will cost them so much more than they stand to gain catering to miners down the line.

These companies act like immortal vampires, always thinking 20+ yrs ahead. They aren't hurting for quick capital, that cash flow grow is God.

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
1 month ago#24
I hope not, I own Nvidia stock and am enjoying the ride
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#25
PC stores i use have been doing the "2 per customer" thing for a while now

it's Australia so prices have always been terrible, can't say i've seen a difference
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
1 month ago#26
Cobra1010 posted...

We do have a choice, and that's to not buy the new cards. That means either buying the other guys' cards or people collectively deciding their aging and older cards are "good enough" and the carrot becomes unappealing, which leads to people not buying newer cards.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
1 month ago#27
Silly of Nvidia... im happy they would attempt this, but stupid as a business model
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
1 month ago#28
so your no longer able to buy graphics card A from Newegg, they will just switch over to Amazon, or Bestbuy, or half a dozen other places.

The only way its going to be solved is to get rid of the problem itself, get rid of bit mining. Find a way to make it illegal, either that or find a way so that your card will no longer run if certain applications are being used, or add some sort of protection which forces a log in every 6-8 hours.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#29
Just lower the price of your cards and make more.

Everyone wins.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
1 month ago#30
I've got a better idea. Lock out mining from GeForce and Quadro cards and push miners into buying Tesla or mining-dedicated cards instead. AMD can do the equivalent with their Radeon and FirePro cards if and when they offer a dedicated compute card.
Hmm...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Instruct Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived