This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best controller for PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#11
darkhouse999 posted...
360 controller is still one of the best controllers around.

Unfortunately it's no longer around though.
The wired 360 controller was discontinued awhile ago.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
6 months ago#12
Having used all of them, I would rank them as such:

Xbox One Elite > Xbox One Slim > Regular Xbox One > 360 Wired > 360 Wireless > Dog Poop > DualShock 4 > Steam Controller

The main question you should be asking is whether the Xbox One Elite controller is worth $100ish more than the Xbox One slim controller, since those are the only options you should realistically be considering given all of the options’ prices and availability.

And for that I would say, probably not. I got mine for free but would not pay $150 for it. The Elite IS the best controller but not worth $100 more than the Xbox One slim controller. So I would go with the Xbox One slim controller.
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | X1X | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
6 months ago#13
Probably the original Xbox controller, not the tiny one for small handed people, the original one.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
6 months ago#14
DS4. After using a 360 controller for like 10 years, I got used to the DS4 and couldn't go back. It just feels so good in the hands.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
6 months ago#15
ClunkerSlim posted...
darkhouse999 posted...
360 controller is still one of the best controllers around.

Unfortunately it's no longer around though.
The wired 360 controller was discontinued awhile ago.

Well the USN seems to have chosen a wired(acc. to the picture in the article) Xbox 360 gamepad recently to control their submarine periscopes moving forward to replace traditional joysticks:

https://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/the-u-s-navy-s-most-advanced-submarines-will-soon/article_5c24eefc-8e70-5c4a-9d82-00d29e052b76.html

Maybe they are still being manufactured somewhere.

I still used the wireless Xbox 360 controller for both my PC and Xbox 360. D pad is not as good as the others, but good enough for my purposes since they are so inexpensive to replace. Just need an adapter/receiver for my PC which is immediately recognized by the PC which makes it possible to use up to 4 Xbox 360 controllers and wireless headsets with it. The Xbox 360 receiver also seems to have better range than my other devices that use bluetooth or RF receivers even with obstructions between the receiver and the wireless gamepad.

Basically all games(both old and new) on the PC, which use controller support have the Xbox 360 gamepad in mind without any further addons needed. This is not always true for other gamepads.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
6 months ago#16
Used to use a wired 360 pad now i use an xbox one pad with the wireless adapter.

User Info: Trayvon

Trayvon
6 months ago#17
I have a ds4 and an Xbox one controller I got for a couple of dollars at a yard sale.

which should I be using and how do I get them going?
https://i.imgtc.com/OxPM6Sj.jpg

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#18
Trayvon posted...
I have a ds4 and an Xbox one controller I got for a couple of dollars at a yard sale.

which should I be using and how do I get them going?

Something tells me little jimmy was a bad boy and had his video game stuff sold at a yard sale. Probably go with the Xbox One controller since its less fussy. Its plug and play. DS4 needs third party software to get going. You might want to pick up the official microsoft dongle too while you are at it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Lemonspice

Lemonspice
6 months ago#19
I've had nothing but bad luck so far with Controllers the past few months, Normally I would say the the Xbox one but it started drifting on me and breaking (I went through 3 of them in the last 6 months) and now have to look for another controller as my 3rd one just broke.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
6 months ago#20
Pengu1n posted...
Used to use a wired 360 pad now i use an xbox one pad with the wireless adapter.

Same. The wired 360 pad still works just like the day I got it, and the Xbox One pad with the official wireless adapter has been even better. I log a lot of miles on controllers and I really think the Xbox One is the way to go.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived