This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If PC Gaming Does Die, What Will You Do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If PC Gaming Does Die, What Will You Do?

User Info: DarkKnight_sf

DarkKnight_sf
4 months ago#1
So there is a lot of talk about PC Gaming Dying. As one of the greatest gamers on these boards, this is concerning. I have been a PC Gamer since childhood, The Sims was one of my first PC Gaming experiences and I still remember it.

So personally I don't think PC Gaming will die based on cryptocurrencies. I would say that's not even the biggest problem PC gaming has faced recently. Graphics cards are experiencing high demand at the moment of course, but the market will sort that out in due time. Intel CPUs are required in every school and office yet they are available and priced competitively.

I have invested in a few crypto currencies and I am happy with their performances however I'm not determined to make money from it, I am happy with what I have already BUT I will say crypto currencies are a wonderful thing for humanity, it is decentralized and the network will need to be powered to help it run in the future.

A lot of PC Gaming is PS1 level graphics like Warcraft Starcraft and leage of legends, and the mining craze does not affect them as they have millions of users. I don't play those games.

So hypothetically speaking, what will you do if PC Gaming dies?

Me, well for me it is already broken in the sense that nearly all the ports that come out today are broken. I waited for a fix on Arkham Knight for a year and they never fixed it, in the end I purchased it on PS4. And the same case with many other ports. Believe it or not, games like GTA and Arkham Knight, 3rd person games I actually prefer to play with keyboard and mouse because the aiming feels so much more natural.

Mafia 3, a game I was going to buy for PC without a doubt. But the port was so bad that even the titan x pascal was experiencing rubbish frame rates. This was before mining got big.

So if PC gaming completely died then of course I would be upset, I love GTA 5, one of the best games I have ever played but I would probably stick to PS4 and buy Xbox One x so I have a better choice.

You?
Dark Knight

User Info: LiberalAgenda8

LiberalAgenda8
4 months ago#2
play on my console
The one way to deal with PC gamers is to treat them how developers treat them. Which is ignoring them completely and giving them scraps every now and then

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 months ago#3
Change the oil on my Porsche
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: Jstretch19

Jstretch19
4 months ago#4
Probably just play old PC games forever.
Not changing this sig until Bethesda releases Skyrim on Pipboy for Fallout 4.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#5
pancakes or waffles

bonus challenge: no other options allowed
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

LiberalAgenda8
4 months ago#6
yohabroha posted...
pancakes or waffles

bonus challenge: no other options allowed

Only a low IQ moron would try to bring in a food discussion into this thread. Don't you ever get tired of reiterating the same garbage?
The one way to deal with PC gamers is to treat them how developers treat them. Which is ignoring them completely and giving them scraps every now and then

yohabroha
4 months ago#7
who?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

LiberalAgenda8
4 months ago#8
yohabroha posted...
who?

You. You've done this before in other threads.

it's getting old.

yohabroha
4 months ago#9
hmm don't know what you mean, i am the dark knight

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#10
While GPUs are essential to hardcore future gaming, they aren't essential as a whole when it comes to builds. Not only that, a lot of games with staying power, which are most likely older games, aren't graphics heavy. For example, Warframe runs on my 400 dollar laptop at 1080@60fps, same with overwatch, tf2, and any other games that I (and other people) care to spend...

f***... I was baited by this troll topic...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If PC Gaming Does Die, What Will You Do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived