This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So..Youtube is providing free music deliberately now with albums and everything?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So..Youtube is providing free music deliberately now with albums and everything?

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
4 weeks ago#1
I know it's been possible to go to youtube and find songs for years, but now this?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Muse

They put tracks and albums off to the side? Clicking an album takes you to a playlist, and you've basically got the music there for free, for any number of artists. Isn't this going to backfire hard, or is this perfectly okay?

There's an android app too I hadn't noticed, youtube music or something. Like a lesser version of youtube so far, seemingly, devoted to providing the videos of music as just music. Unless you want the video too, in which case it's apparently just lesser youtube like I said.

This all seems to be crossing a line to me, but I wouldn't really know. I feel like the guys at google wouldn't do this if it was going to create some sort of fiasco, but...I really don't know lol.
"In trying to be perfect, he perfected the art of anonymity, became imperceptible, and arrived nowhere from nowhere."
-Dejan Stojanovic

User Info: ein311

ein311
4 weeks ago#2
This really isn't any different than what other online music services are doing.

Keep in mind that Google owns YouTube and has a Play Music service. They've been integrating YouTube as part of the Play Music service for a while.
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#3
don't worry, youtube is still ahead since they run ads

the music is not TOTALLY free, it's ad-ware
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
4 weeks ago#4
Don't wanna listen to nasty compressed music on YouTube.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#5
Or you could just download Spotify for the same experience...
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#6
Dragon Nexus posted...
Or you could just download Spotify for the same experience...

Alternatively - Google Music.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: WhySoMean

WhySoMean
4 weeks ago#7
bikeblaster posted...
Don't wanna listen to nasty compressed music on YouTube.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So..Youtube is providing free music deliberately now with albums and everything?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived